EZM with different colours - Page 2

Thread: EZM with different colours

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Member BruceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Actually, most types of nylon will stretch a bit when wet. Waterborne nylon straps are a notable exception.
    Yep that's true. I used Waterbornes for diving. Guess I was just assuming equivalence. What do they do to them to make them less stretchable (I know that's not a word, lol)?
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    373

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Hey I have mine on a green NATO, too, now! IMO that's a wonderful combination. And as we speak, I'm wearing my 657 on green NATO. The combination of bright white dial/hands, AR coating the the strap is wonderful. Sinn watches and NATO straps are a really great combination.

  3. #13
    Moderator Emeritus Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    12th Century
    Posts
    11,266

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceS
    Yep that's true. I used Waterbornes for diving. Guess I was just assuming equivalence. What do they do to them to make them less stretchable (I know that's not a word, lol)?
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Just a different sort of nylon (Polypropylene?) which does not absorb water. I believe there are about a hundred varieties of nylon fabric.

    My hiking sandals ("Source") are made from the same material, and it is much more quick-drying and non-stretchable.

    On the other hand, the material used for Rhinos and Zulus is much more comfortable to touch.
    Cheers,

    Martin ("Crusader")

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Member BruceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Just a different sort of nylon (Polypropylene?) which does not absorb water. I believe there are about a hundred varieties of nylon fabric.

    My hiking sandals ("Source") are made from the same material, and it is much more quick-drying and non-stretchable.

    On the other hand, the material used for Rhinos and Zulus is much more comfortable to touch.
    Interesting. I still have my Waterborne, but I don't use it. Guess I never liked the look of those big chunky rings These new NATOs that Eddie sells are so comfy. They come feeling broken in! I also like them because they aren't so long, but they do seem like they would be too short for guys with a big wrist, and certainly too short to fit over a wet suit sleeve. I'm not tucking in a lot of excess! But then, I don't dive anymore so they're just fine for me.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

  6. #15
    Member BruceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by ferdinand
    Hey I have mine on a green NATO, too, now! IMO that's a wonderful combination. And as we speak, I'm wearing my 657 on green NATO. The combination of bright white dial/hands, AR coating the the strap is wonderful. Sinn watches and NATO straps are a really great combination.
    I agree! The NATOs, or Zulus or Rhinos really complete the tool watch look. I want to buy a bracelet for the watch just to complete it, but I'm wondering how much I would actually use it now! Oh and thanks for the idea about the green strap
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

  7. #16
    Moderator Emeritus Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    12th Century
    Posts
    11,266

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceS
    Interesting. I still have my Waterborne, but I don't use it. Guess I never liked the look of those big chunky rings These new NATOs that Eddie sells are so comfy. They come feeling broken in! I also like them because they aren't so long, but they do seem like they would be too short for guys with a big wrist, and certainly too short to fit over a wet suit sleeve. I'm not tucking in a lot of excess! But then, I don't dive anymore so they're just fine for me.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    I agree re the quality of Eddie's new NATO straps .. als they are too short for my 9"-wrists.

    Much recommended for the smaller-wristed guys, though.
    Cheers,

    Martin ("Crusader")

  8. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceS
    Have I mentioned that I really REALLY like this watch
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Congratulations on the EZM2 ... it's beautiful on that Nato!

  9. #18
    Member BruceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Thanks Parkaboy!
    Wear what you like.

  10. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    146

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    I agree re the quality of Eddie's new NATO straps .. als they are too short for my 9"-wrists.

    Much recommended for the smaller-wristed guys, though.
    Eddie's???

  11. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    373

    Re: EZM with different colours

    Quote Originally Posted by number6
    Eddie's???
    www.timefactors.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. EZM with different colours
      By BruceS in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: August 31st, 2006, 23:31
    2. Colt Chrono thoughts / Dial colours?
      By Lewisham in forum Breitling
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: July 6th, 2006, 20:10
    3. FS: STRAPS Watchbands for top range watches, handmade, alligator or leather - STRAP
      By hm-watchband in forum Watches - Dealers and Manufacturers
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: April 30th, 2006, 15:52
    4. paint colours???
      By Troy in forum DOXA Owners Club
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: March 9th, 2006, 18:47

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •