EZM13
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: EZM13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EZM13

Hi all,

Just received my new Sinn, a quick question, the chronograph buttons take a bit of force to operate, they depress and then make quite a click before they activate, is that usual? Not owned a Sinn or chronograph before?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: EZM13

Yes, I believe thatís normal. I had a Sinn 103 previously and found the pushers to require more force to operate than, say, an ST19 chrono.
    ♛ Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN
    ♛ Rolex Explorer II 16570

Seller feedback

Many thanks, Iím guessing itís something to do with waterproofing.

Thought the Chrono was broken as I pushed the buttons many times, then pushed harder and it made a pronounced click and the started.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes thatís normal.
    The longer you have it, the more you will come to like the way the chrono is designed to work. One of the best watches if you ask me, perfect for all around wear.

Congrats on your ezm13. Thatís a very rare find. Very few would let go of theirs.

longstride likes this.

One of the cool things about the EZM13 is the chronograph pushers can be safely used down to 200M, thanks to the method by which Sinn installs and seals them ("Crown and chronograph pushers are sealed and protected by a specific material used in chemical vacuum technology." from Watchbuys.), and you're pushing against a fairly stout spring.

It's the same system as is used on the U1000. The pushers on that can be used down to the full 1000M to which the watch is rated, using some very stout springs. The idea is the pushers have to reset under pressure and need a strong enough spring behind them to do it.

Sinn made the EZM13's pushers easier to operate that the U1000 by using a lighter spring, hence the 200M limit, but they're still firm. Beyond 200m they won't leak, they'll just stay depressed until come back up from the abyss.
    Last edited by Camguy; 3 Weeks Ago at 00:19.
    emiTstI and nodnar like this.

EZM13

Quote Originally Posted by Camguy View Post
    One of the cool things about the EZM13 is the chronograph pushers can be safely used down to 200M, thanks to the method by which Sinn installs and seals them ("Crown and chronograph pushers are sealed and protected by a specific material used in chemical vacuum technology." from Watchbuys.), and you're pushing against a fairly stout spring.

It's the same system as is used on the U1000. The pushers on that can be used down to the full 1000M to which the watch is rated, using some very stout springs. The idea is the pushers have to reset under pressure and need a strong enough spring behind them to do it.

Sinn made the EZM13's pushers easier to operate with a lighter spring, hence the 200M limit, but they're still firm. Beyond 200m they won't leak, they'll just stay depressed until come back up from the abyss.
    Many thanks, the buttons a quite springy but that doesnít start the chronograph until you give it that extra push and it almost double clicks to start but is easier to pause and reset but still has a substantial click.

Seems like the first click doesnít start it, almost needs 2 clicks to start, pretty confused

Was a bit disconcerting as itís such a mechanical click, certainly couldnít operate it by accident!

Just not used to it I guess, thanks for the info

Last edited by Pegasus; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:42.

Ditto on all of the above. Iíve had mine a little over a year. Youíll get used it ... and will love it!

Congrats on the watch..!

Pegasus likes this.
    Regards ... Emit

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post

it’s such a mechanical click, certainly couldn’t operate it by accident!

That too, no doubt.

Hi all,

Further to my initial post I addressed the issue with Sinn as it appears my Chrono at times requires 2 clicks to start unless I push really hard to overcome both clicks.

Can anyone with one confirm if this is the same with theirs when initially starting the Chrono as Iím not getting much luck with Sinn.

Many thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Still enjoying my on which Ive had for the last 5 years

https://youtu.be/7f-A8qPlQnY

Rolex Kermit, DRSD, SD4k ,Milgauss GV ,Red Sub ,OP 39 Red ,Batman ,Panerai 177 ,Seiko Tuna 007 ,Baby Monster, SQ100 ,Breitling Colt 41 ,Casio G-Shock 5610
    Zenith 1931 Pocket Watch , Laco ​Aachen Taupe , Memmingen , Corum Jumping Hours LE 001/300 , Sinn EZM1LE , EZM2-GSG9 , U2s , EZM13 , UX-GSG9 ,556-55Le

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information