EZM3 - Thoughts and opinions from owners please

Thread: EZM3 - Thoughts and opinions from owners please

Banned

EZM3 - Thoughts and opinions from owners please

I am considering an EZM3 (if I can find one) and would like to hear opinons from owners. Also wondering if anyone can compare and contrast to the Stowa ProDiver.

Thanks in advance

Banned

Wow, not a single EZM3 owner here? Shocking.

Ohhh well. I'll move my inquiry on to another forum.

Moderator Emeritus

Re: EZM3 - Thoughts and opinions from owners please

Give it time Dean. Several members here have EZM 3s and they are not online every 6 hours or so. Some of them come online a few times a week. Since your inquiry is only 6 hours old, that wouldn't even comprise a work day shift. Lets see what pops up in the next few days.

By all means feel free to cross post to the Diver's forum or the German forum or even the Public forum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Wow, not a single EZM3 owner here? Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by 34dean
    Ohhh well. I'll move my inquiry on to another forum.
    As this is the International Sinn forum, with a good number of members in Europe, you may have to wait till it's daytime for everybody to get your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by 34dean
    I am considering an EZM3 (if I can find one) and would like to hear opinons from owners. Also wondering if anyone can compare and contrast to the Stowa ProDiver.

Thanks in advance
    The EZM-3 is still a current model so you can find one easily at Watchbuys (assuming you are in the US).

I ordered an EZM-3 myself earlier this year, but immediately returned it for a refund. IMHO the hands are undersized - more so than it looks in a photograph. To be precise they were way too thin for me, and not what I would expect from a "tool" watch. This may not be a concern to you, but if it is, then study the photographs carefully. For me it was an expensive mistake, as shipping both ways cost me a total of $70.
    Martin

The EZM3 is an awesome watch. I do think it is hard to compare the two. The Stowa Pro-Diver is just that a Dive Watch while the EZM3 is more like a swiss army knife of watches and serves several functions!

The design of the dial is great. I specially like the red date wheel!!!

The EZM3 is rated to 500m which is as deep as you will ever need! It has the ability to withstand crazy temperature extremes with Sinns oil in the movement. An extremely accurate watch. It is very comfortable and is way smaller than the Pro-Diver. 40mm diam not including the crown. It is also filled with argon and had a copper sulfate capsule to absorb moisture. It will indicate any ingress of water by changing color. It has arabic numerals which makes it easier to read. If I had a choice between the two it would be difficult.

The Pro-Diver has a massive case. It is a much heavier watch. The Pro-Diver has a multitude of dial and hand options. The Pro-Diver is rated to 1000m. The Pro-Diver has the best Lume in the business!!The quality and build of the watch is evident from clasp to case. It is a modern Diver and does its job well!!

I think I would probably choose the EZM3 but again it is a really close call. Better yet get both!!

Oh and you may want to consider the most awesome dive watch out there the Sinn U1!!

R
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla
    The EZM3 is an awesome watch. I do think it is hard to compare the two. The Stowa Pro-Diver is just that a Dive Watch while the EZM3 is more like a swiss army knife of watches and serves several functions!

The design of the dial is great. I specially like the red date wheel!!!

The EZM3 is rated to 500m which is as deep as you will ever need! It has the ability to withstand crazy temperature extremes with Sinns oil in the movement. An extremely accurate watch. It is very comfortable and is way smaller than the Pro-Diver. 40mm diam not including the crown. It is also filled with argon and had a copper sulfate capsule to absorb moisture. It will indicate any ingress of water by changing color. It has arabic numerals which makes it easier to read. If I had a choice between the two it would be difficult.

The Pro-Diver has a massive case. It is a much heavier watch. The Pro-Diver has a multitude of dial and hand options. The Pro-Diver is rated to 1000m. The Pro-Diver has the best Lume in the business!!The quality and build of the watch is evident from clasp to case. It is a modern Diver and does its job well!!

I think I would probably choose the EZM3 but again it is a really close call. Better yet get both!!

Oh and you may want to consider the most awesome dive watch out there the Sinn U1!!

R
    One might add that the EZM boasts extra antimagnetic protection, while the other watches mentioned do not ... Dean, have you checked the article on antimagnetic qualities in the ISF articles section? It explains a bit what the different antimagnetic concepts of the U-series and the EZM3 are about.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Hello,

I loved my EZM3 because of it's clear and unique design and it's technical features.

It is IMHO the most underrated watch of the old EZM series (1-4).

Kind regards Philipp

Banned

Re: Wow, not a single EZM3 owner here? Shocking.

Ok, so since you've already moved on, I won't waste my time with a reply about my EZM3. :->

It's a good watch. Had one for a few years, keeps OK time (+ 6s per day), looks good, feels good. Case is "bullet proof", no scratches at all really. Similarly with the crystal. Very functional watch, good lume, no problem with the "thin hands", but it depends what you want. Only issue for me: the red date wheel is too difficult to read. It's just a tad too small.

David

Thread Information