EZM3 Trouble!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: EZM3 Trouble!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

EZM3 Trouble!

Okay, so my new-to-me EZM3 that arrived literally 3 weeks ago has gone tango uniform, and I'm a bit peeved. It was working great, and then two nights ago I set it on the dresser when I went to bed at night around 11, and foud in the morning that it has stopped. Looking at the time and date it was reading showed that it ha stopped less than 45 minutes after I had taken it off. So I wound it up, and it seemed to be okay the rest of the day, although I swore I saw the seconds hand stutter once shortly after it was running again, and it seemed to be losing about a second an hour for the firt part of the day, and ended up losing 15 seconds in that 24-hr period.
    So I wore it all day yesterday and last night, then fast forward to this afternoon. Shortly after describing this all to a co-worker, I look down to see that it had stopped again. WTH? The little bugger has stopped on me SEVEN TIMES today! This is with continual wear over the last 48 hours, and I was moving quite a bit (not that it should matter THAT much). Also began noticing the seconds hand stuttering again, mostly at the 51s mark. It doesn't do it all the time, but its usually at the same spot.
    Anybody else seen this? I expected MUCH more out of this watch. It still has some warranty left, but I fear that I'll send it off only to find out whatever defect/damage it has isn't covered. Pretty disappointed.
    Lets see if I can attach a short video of the stuttering hand.....

Nope, no love on the video. Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omega X-33 Gen 1
    Marathon SAR 2005 (Sold)
    Seiko SKX007 Plongeur Mod
    Timex Ironman 100 Lap
    Casio G-Shock DW9052-1B (Returned)
    Luminox 3000 (sold)
    Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels (Sold)
    Citizen Navihawk Blue Angels (Sold)
    Casio G-Shock DW9052-1V (Destroyed)
    Timex Expedition (Beat, battered, and bruised, but still going)

Re: EZM3 Trouble!

If it has warranty left, the problem will be taken care of. I would send it out alpha sierra alpha papa!

Quote Originally Posted by Grover38 View Post
    Okay, so my new-to-me EZM3 that arrived literally 3 weeks ago has gone tango uniform, and I'm a bit peeved. It was working great, and then two nights ago I set it on the dresser when I went to bed at night around 11, and foud in the morning that it has stopped. Looking at the time and date it was reading showed that it ha stopped less than 45 minutes after I had taken it off. So I wound it up, and it seemed to be okay the rest of the day, although I swore I saw the seconds hand stutter once shortly after it was running again, and it seemed to be losing about a second an hour for the firt part of the day, and ended up losing 15 seconds in that 24-hr period.
    So I wore it all day yesterday and last night, then fast forward to this afternoon. Shortly after describing this all to a co-worker, I look down to see that it had stopped again. WTH? The little bugger has stopped on me SEVEN TIMES today! This is with continual wear over the last 48 hours, and I was moving quite a bit (not that it should matter THAT much). Also began noticing the seconds hand stuttering again, mostly at the 51s mark. It doesn't do it all the time, but its usually at the same spot.
    Anybody else seen this? I expected MUCH more out of this watch. It still has some warranty left, but I fear that I'll send it off only to find out whatever defect/damage it has isn't covered. Pretty disappointed.
    Lets see if I can attach a short video of the stuttering hand.....

Nope, no love on the video. Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just for reference, what exactly does tango uniform mean? TU... T....U....
    Best,
    Chuck

Seiko SRP777 | Halios Puck II

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Warranty should cover it. Unless they try to claim it has been dropped onto a hard surface and damaged the movement, but that would normally be evident on the case too. Still, I've heard that excuse before, but not from Sinn. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dhtjr View Post
    Warranty should cover it. Unless they try to claim it has been dropped onto a hard surface and damaged the movement, but that would normally be evident on the case too. Still, I've heard that excuse before, but not from Sinn. Good luck.
    This is my worry. I've only had it for a few weeks, so I can't say for sure its history. Many moons ago, I used to send in a lot of customer's cameras for repair, and the warranties were almost universally thrown out, and the malfunctions blamed on impact or something else not covered that could be blamed on the customer. But like you say, there is no sign of impact on the case, so that would seem to be an invalid excuse. We'll see.
    Omega X-33 Gen 1
    Marathon SAR 2005 (Sold)
    Timex Ironman 100 Lap
    Luminox 3000 (sold)

whiskey tango foxtrot???
    seriously, it sounds like it needs a movement service: if you're in the US, Roland Murphy has the gas filling machine and the 2824 movement is pretty simple to work on.
    good luck.
    Last edited by David Woo; June 18th, 2015 at 19:15.
    CMSgt Bo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    whiskey tango foxtrot???
    seriously, it sounds like it needs a movement service: if you're in the US, Roland Murphy has the gas filling machine and the 2824 movement is pretty simple to work on.
    good luck.
    Yep, in the US.
    This is RMG service center mentioned on Watchbuys website?
    Does anybody know if the Copper sulfate capsule is typically replaced as standard during a service?
    Omega X-33 Gen 1
    Marathon SAR 2005 (Sold)
    Timex Ironman 100 Lap
    Luminox 3000 (sold)

yes, it is RGM, Roland's watch company.
    As for the capsule, I'm not sure if it is replaced each service or not, I think not unless it is saturated.

Quote Originally Posted by Grover38 View Post
    Does anybody know if the Copper sulfate capsule is typically replaced as standard during a service?
    If it isn't, might make sense to have it replaced while they are in there. Back in 2014, Sinn was charging ~$46.00 euros for a new Cu capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by cb23 View Post
    just for reference, what exactly does tango uniform mean? TU... T....U....
    Check your PM's
    Last edited by captain peacock; June 18th, 2015 at 23:47.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information