EZM3 vs U1 - stories and scans please!

Thread: EZM3 vs U1 - stories and scans please!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

EZM3 vs U1 - stories and scans please!

If this is a boring, predictable post then please say!

I am looking for a tough all-purpose watch to wear...well, everywhere - down the shops, in the garden, surfing, drinking, and so on. I currently have a 756S, but it's not really ringing my bell (I love the weight and feel, but it just wears a little too small on my wrist at 40mm). From the Sinn stable the U1 and EZM3 both seem to fit the bill, and owners of each seem to be mightily impressed.

So, given that my AD can get both models, and they are in the same ballpark where price is concerned, how do they compare as an ownership experience? I realise that there are technical differences between the pair of them, but I'm really after your good/bad stories - why should I choose one over the other?

Scans to help swing my decision either way would also be welcome - think of it as scanday come early!

Many thanks - I look forward to your replies.

Cheers,

Guy

Re: EZM3 vs U1 - stories and scans please!

Not sure that the EZM3 will dwarf a 756, but in terms of anti- or amagnetic qualities, there is a huge conceptual difference - have you checked out the magnetism article in the ISF's article section?
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader
    Not sure that the EZM3 will dwarf a 756, but in terms of anti- or amagnetic qualities, there is a huge conceptual difference - have you checked out the magnetism article in the ISF's article section?
    No, I'll have a look - thanks.

Guy

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I may be a bit out of it, but ISF?

Moderator Emeritus

ISF = International Sinn Forum .. this one... as opposed to....>

OFS = Official Sinn Forum (Timezone)

cheers,
    Tim

I do not know about the U1 as I do not have one but I just today got an EZM3. I think it is a personal choice. The EZM3 is more of a military watch that can dive 500 meters. The dial is more of a military layout than a traditional dive watch layout. Personally that is what I like about the EZM3. It is out of the box. A dive watch/military watch hybrid. It is hard to find a dive watch with numbers.

I find the dial of the EMZ3 better than the U1. However I like the hands of the U1 better. They are both great watches. From pictures I have seen the U1 has a thicker band and different shape to the case. From my first impressions the EMZ3 is the most comfortable watch I have worn with a metal band. It is heavy yet I barely feel it on my wrist. The bezel clicks are perfect with no play. The fit and finish is perfect. The clasp is more solid feeling than many watches I have owned.

The U1 is an awesome watch. Personally if I had the money I would buy both and my next watch will be a U1.

Hope that helps.

R
    Damasko DA38, Marathon Gsar (medium)

Thanks Robzilla, that's great.

Cheers,

Guy

Guy,

I've owned all three and they are very different watches indeed!!

The U1 is nice and chunky and has real presence on the wrist, helped of course by the distinctive hands, the EZM3 is more subtle and wears smaller, bigger than the 756 but smaller than the U1.

Out of the 3 the EZM3 would be my choice. I prefer the the style and like the fact that it is super antimagnetic.

Really though you wouldn't go wrong with any of them!!

HTH,
    Sanjay
    "Luci, Alfa, Tony, Bernard & Nile these are the 5 that are doin' it with style that's CHIC....C H I C!!!!!!!!"

www.chictribute.com

Guy,

Maybe these pics will help. I have only a 6 1/2 inch wrist, keep that in mind. One of the pics is presenting a UX, same size as the U1.

I have had all 3 also. I prefer the EZM3 and the 756 over the U series because the U series just are to big for my small wrist. If I had bigger wrists I certanly would have kept the UX. The U1 I sold mainly because I didn't liked the hands.

Last edited by dutchguy2; August 5th, 2006 at 21:40.

Hi all,

Not a Sinn owner YET but drooling.

Do any of my fellow middleaged guys with middleaged eyes have trouble reading the red date on the EZM3?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information