Faulty Sinn 556a

Thread: Faulty Sinn 556a

Faulty Sinn 556a

I woke up this morning, looked at my 10 month old watch and it showed 8:55. Surprised I checked another clock that said 6:30. Guess what? Yup, the Sinn was wrong; even though it generally runs at 2 seconds slow per day.

My first thought was that I must have left the crown out, but that was tight. After resetting it I watched it for a minute and the hands stopped moving. I peered into the rear of the watch and everything seemed OK, the rotor moved when the watch was rotated. When I shook the watch gently the second had started to move, but then it stopped. I put a good few manual winds into it, and that kept it going for about 25 minutes. And then it stopped.

I wear the watch constantly and to my knowledge haven't bashed it or exposed it to mega magnetic fields. I look after my stuff and the watch (externally) is in good order.

So Monday I will need to call Chronomaster (or may be Page and Cooper) to get it sent back to Germany for warranty repair. No doubt this will take several weeks which I'm gutted about.

Does anybody have any idea what could have gone wrong with it? Anybody any experience about sending a watch back via either of the two UK distributors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Faulty Sinn 556a

Sorry to hear about that prob you've got with the 556.

Don't know about that in general but I recently picked up a knackered Sinn Arktis that needed some tlc and sent it to Sinn directly myself. They acknowledged receipt with an email and a week later confirmed the work needed with an estimate in writing via email. Great comms so far and they are very responsive to my queries via email. They estimated 50 days for returning my watch.

I know they prioritise warranty work so I'd expect they turn that around in a month to two months or so.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mechanical things break sometimes. It's probable you did nothing, but perhaps have a faulty movement. Sending it to Sinn would likely result in a warranty replacement, or repair. Customer Service is second to none.
    Too many flipped...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well it's all packaged up ready to be sent off to Germany tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't cost me any more than the postage to get it there!

Thanks for your comments.

I had the same issue with my 556i, I sent it back to RGM for service and now it's like new

Sent from my iPhone using

Thread Information