3. What is the movement of U1?

Thanks.

Re: A few questions

Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    1. Does Sinn have a website?
    -Google is your friend. www.sinn.de

2. Does Sinn use regular ETA movements?
    -As far as I know, no special finishing of the ETA movements is performed by Sinn - except where display backs are concerned. I would be most surprised if Sinn did not do some sort of finishing (at the very least adding the Sinn logo to the anchor)

3. What is the movement of U1?
    -ETA2824-2
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

Thanks. I thought there was an English version of the Sinn website as well. I ran across it once and I have not been able to find again.

How tough is the ETA 2824-2 movement? I have a watch with the same movement but I am not sure if it can take a lot of shocks or beating. I dropped it once from my desk on the carpet and since that day, I have been hearing a grinding noise when I wind the watch. Also, when I move it up and down I hear the roter clicking.

Maybe I got a bad one but before I spend $1600, I want to make sure I am getting a solid movement that can withstand a lot of daily abuse.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

How tough is the ETA 2824-2 movement?
    -Very. :)

Seriously, though - the 2824 is a well-proven, reliable workhorse which can take some serious beating.

Nevertheless, any mechanical timepiece is a precision instrument machined to unbelievably close tolerances; even though most watches (Piguet-based ones excepted ;) can take some heavy blows without giving in, one had better try to be careful.

(...)
    Maybe I got a bad one but before I spend $1600, I want to make sure I am getting a solid movement that can withstand a lot of daily abuse.
    -I'd pass on the advice given to me when I first started looking at the U2 - check out the U ownership experience thread (Sticky, on top of the thread list in this forum).

Lots and lots of owners' experience with using and abusing their U1, U2 and UX watches. Both entertaining and educational. Lots of pics.
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

I have 3 watches using the ETA 2824-2 movement:Sinn U1, Marathon G-SAR and an O&W M-6. I have used all of them while shooting. The G-SAR is my work watch and training watch and it has taken more than it's fair share of beatings without losing anything. It still keeps within +/- 5 seconds per day. The U1 has enjoyed quite a bit of range time as well and still runs strong with no signs of worry either.

All of these watches were designed to be used and used hard, so I have used them accordingly. The G-SAR has been involved in a number of hard smacks on the pavement while on the wrist and it is no worse the wear for it running wise. The exterior shows it's scars with dignity though!
    Carpe Noctem

Banned

Sinn add the famous Sinn lube for increased temperature range.
    Sinn.de have also an english version of the cataloque, in Pdf format.
    You find it by clicking on the "English version" on the start page, just under the pic of the Sinn U1000
    Last edited by Janne; May 20th, 2008 at 00:50.

perhaps you are thinking about www.watchbuys.com

this is the US distributor for Sinn, run by the legendary Rob!
    kind regards,

scott

vintage and obscure watch lover

Thread Information