Fitting the Sinn silicone strap
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fitting the Sinn silicone strap

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I have a Sinn T2B and recently picked up a silicone strap. Man, is it hard to get it on! I've bent 4-5 spring bars and have only been successful in getting it on once! What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

FYI, I have a Bergeron tool along with the Sinn spring bar tool and plenty of experience with changing straps and bracelets on many watches, just seems like it have to compress the strap to a crazy extent in order to get the springbar close to the hole.

Also, order it from an AD and definitely the right strap.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That sounds rough! Have you taken a step back, screamed loudly (to dissipate stress) and verified the STRAP ITSELF isn't miscut? I've had that happen once on a tropical strap.

Re: Fitting the Sinn silicone strap

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    That sounds rough! Have you taken a step back, screamed loudly (to dissipate stress) and verified the STRAP ITSELF isn't miscut? I've had that happen once on a tropical strap.
    Ha! Can't say I've screamed, but I've muttered many, many curses. Certainly a possibility, I don't see any excess material that shouldn't be there and the problem is the same on both sides. I've seriously considered taking an x-acto knife to the strap to carve out some space. I had to order some new spring bars, so can't try anything until those come in. Hmm....perhaps I should contact the AD if others aren't having the same problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure how you're doing it but I fixed it by putting the watch head on its crystal. Have one end of spring bar sticking out, then push the bar in till it's flush and press the strap down onto the watch head.

It takes a lot of wriggling and pressing the strap hard onto the case to finally hear the spring bar snap into place

Geez, sounds like you know enough and did measure the strap width I'm sure, no help from me except to suggest a jeweler if you have no luck. I really just chimed in because I had a 104 and thought I was taking a gamble by ordering it with the silicon strap, but boy that strap made it for me and im a bracelet guy. I'm tempted to get one back again.. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    fire_lantern likes this.

I bought some favorite spring bars for my Sinn UX nato, worked great. Then I tried to use the same bars on my Sinn rubber, totally impossible to get both ends to pop in.

So I changed to a slightly smaller diameter spring bars and it worked like a charm.

No idea if this is your issue, but if your spring bars are snug in the rubber hole, try a smaller diameter. Mine had to be not snug. Not wobbly, but loose enough to slip in the rubber hole with no effort.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tape the lug sides...use a solid Case back knife and push your rubber in on side with crown up..the pressure on the band is the key mate..once opposite side in push other side of bar in till it's inside lugs then firmly push and twist your band till located..
    Hope this helps
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wahlaoeh View Post
    Not sure how you're doing it but I fixed it by putting the watch head on its crystal. Have one end of spring bar sticking out, then push the bar in till it's flush and press the strap down onto the watch head.

It takes a lot of wriggling and pressing the strap hard onto the case to finally hear the spring bar snap into place

I've been placing it on the side, fitting one end of the spring bar in, then trying to get the other in...I'll try your approach, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nodnar View Post
    I bought some favorite spring bars for my Sinn UX nato, worked great. Then I tried to use the same bars on my Sinn rubber, totally impossible to get both ends to pop in.

So I changed to a slightly smaller diameter spring bars and it worked like a charm.

No idea if this is your issue, but if your spring bars are snug in the rubber hole, try a smaller diameter. Mine had to be not snug. Not wobbly, but loose enough to slip in the rubber hole with no effort.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the ones I bought are smaller diameter, so hoping that helps. The stock I have are too thick to fit through, just like you describe. We'll see. Thanks!
    nodnar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveandStu View Post
    Tape the lug sides...use a solid Case back knife and push your rubber in on side with crown up..the pressure on the band is the key mate..once opposite side in push other side of bar in till it's inside lugs then firmly push and twist your band till located..
    Hope this helps
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Hmm...this sounds awfully close to what I'm trying, but i'll attempt the twist and see if that works.

Thanks everyone for all the advice, I have faith now that I'll get the trick of it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information