fixing a 103 bezel

Thread: fixing a 103 bezel

fixing a 103 bezel

with a little research i found that 45 lb nylon fishing line (it is about .26mm dia.) is almost a perfect
    subtitute for the bezel compression ring on my 103 ti ar. i say almost because nothing can truly replace the original item.
    it requires a little pressure to fit the nylon line in the bezel groove ( i used a thin plastic rod about 3 mm in dia.) and sort of rolled it into the groove. i first tried to press the bezel on and no luck so, using a tiny razor blade i shaved just a bit off the rounded part of the nylon line while it was in the groove, till it was sort of flat. then i pushed the bezel on, there was a little click and then it popped on. i tried to pop it off with a fair amount of finger pressure and it holds with no problem. it took the razor blade pushed under the lip to make it pop off.
    so far success! i still plan on using the correct part, but for now i have
    my bezel back on securely and 500 feet of 45 lb fishing line that cost $1.80 in case i have to do it again.

Re: fixing a 103 bezel

That is great thinking. How is the bezel rotation friction of the new arrangement? Is it more or less than the original configuration. My Sinn 103 Ti Ar UTC has a lot less rotational friction (i.e. rotates too easily) than I would like.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Moderator Emeritus

Now THAT's American ingenuity!

:thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pugridiron
    That is great thinking. How is the bezel rotation friction of the new arrangement? Is it more or less than the original configuration. My Sinn 103 Ti Ar UTC has a lot less rotational friction (i.e. rotates too easily) than I would like.
    it is about the same amount of friction and holds perfectly, with a bit more tweeking of the size i could easily adjust the friction. the back side of the bezel has an insert of nylon that rides against the watch fortunatly that one was still in place (this one keeps it from touching metal to metal) . i got my sizes mixed up the dia. is closer to .026 or about .59mm. the first time i used .022/.56mm which was way too loose.
    gotta thank those fishing fanatics, without them there would not be so many sizes of line. i got the idea from an item used in my sign company.
    when we install flat lettering on different surfaces and get it crooked we use spider wire fishing line as a sort of razor to cut through the glue backer.

look out SINN you may have a little competition here:-D

Thread Information