Fully tegimented U1 colour difference between bracelet and case
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fully tegimented U1 colour difference between bracelet and case

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fully tegimented U1 colour difference between bracelet and case

I recently bought a fully tegimented U1 which I returned based on the colour difference between the bracelet and case (see attached pic). Looking at images I can find on the web, I can see that it is not uncommon to see a slight colour difference between the bracelet and the case (although in my case I think it seems extreme). That the colours are not identical is somewhat understandable as the case is submarine steel and the bracelet is not. However, what I don't get is that no-one seems to talk about it or even mention it. I've looked around on the web and while I have seen other U1s with a colour difference, no-one calls it out. Are other people not bothered? Do they not see it? And is my photo an extreme example or is it the norm?

The picture used to advertise the watch (also attached) does not show such a drastic colour difference.

I would love to know what other people's experience has been, and if possible, would like to see other people's photos of their watches, and if there is a colour difference, whether it bothers, or has ever bothered them.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by gaopa; November 8th, 2019 at 11:53.
    Bugster likes this.

Re: Fully tegimented UT colour difference between bracelet and case

Wow those images are big. Just to add to this, the dealer (who has been great!) has received my watch back and confirmed that the colour difference in my case is extreme, and thinks he will be able to find a better matched case/bracelet to send me. But still interested to see what's "normal".

Thanks!
    gaopa likes this.

I can't see your images except for the stock photo you shared, but in my experience a fully T case is very similar to a fully T bracelet. I wouldn't expect much of a difference from my experience.

EDIT: Your photos just loaded for me. Yeah... that looks somewhat extreme to me. Unless something funny is going on with the lighting, that definitely is not what it should look like in my experience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's taken indoors near a window, so mostly lit by daylight, and the photo is representative of what it looked like in the flesh. At night under artificial lighting, the difference was not so extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    That's taken indoors near a window, so mostly lit by daylight, and the photo is representative of what it looked like in the flesh. At night under artificial lighting, the difference was not so extreme.
    Well then, at least in my opinion and experience, something is definitely not right about that....

There's no discernible difference in color between the case, bezel, and bracelet on my fully regimented U1:

Name:  IMG_4357 copy.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  351.9 KB

This photo was taken in natural light, but it looks the same to me under various forms of artificial light, too.

This is very interesting timing to me. I’ve had a 856s UTC since Feb 2016 that I bought on leather and last weekend decided to contact Sinn directly and ended up ordering the black bracelet. It arrived very quickly but I was disappointed the see the colour was not a great match. Seemed a bit greyer (almost like a lighter coating). It’s extremely difficult to capture in photos which is the reason I ended up not returning it. I asked a couple of people to compare and they just thought I was mad/blind/had OCD (or all 3). I wonder after a bit of wearing and polishing by clothing it might get more of a sheen to it and blend better. Attached are some photos. Bracelet to end link shot makes it look bad but on the watch it seems to match better. Name:  69BBC5B9-9834-42F3-AD44-2413D822D96F.jpeg
Views: 119
Size:  82.5 KBName:  BA816E99-F9A0-4D52-B6BB-4EC799E5D2CA.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  57.9 KBName:  E9D78144-A853-48AD-8626-01114B1B8A2E.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  74.3 KBName:  C6FCDA7E-92A0-40F3-9B87-594C297343AA.jpeg
Views: 105
Size:  89.8 KBName:  45977867-5498-458F-948E-8C60B626DA49.jpeg
Views: 123
Size:  84.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry about the weird picture attachments. Took me long enough to put them on I’ll probably mess it up editing it.

Re: Fully tegimented U1 colour difference between bracelet and case

Well, I purchased a T1 on the bracelet and the mismatch is quite noticeable between the Grade 5 Ti of the case and the Grade 2 Ti of the bracelet. It bothers me a bit, but the bracelet is so comfortable I kinda overlook the mismatch. Been looking into a Hirsch Robby with deployant clasp to replace the bracelet.

Re: Fully tegimented U1 colour difference between bracelet and case

@zenfrogmaster that looks great! If I end up with that I'll be happy. @Bugster, I'm with you, I can see the colour difference with your 856 S, and for me at least it would probably be enough for me to not wear it and either return or sell the bracelet, although you said of course that it's not so bad in the flesh. Shame though, if I wasn't getting the U1 I was also considering the 857 S UTC, and to know that they can also have colour matching issues is disappointing.
    Bugster likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information