Fully Tegimented U1 has arrived.
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fully Tegimented U1 has arrived.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fully Tegimented U1 has arrived.

This is my first Sinn and it arrived this morning. Excellent communication and service directly from Sinn. They seem to think of everything, not just the tool to adjusts the incredibly easy links and micros on the clasp but also the blue loctite to place on the thread when refitting the links.

I am sure I am preaching to the converted but this watch is a beast but in an extremely comfortable way. It's big at 44mm but I have sold 42mm watches that were too big and the U1 just isn't. I think this for a few reasons. Firstly the crown at 4pm means it doesn't dig into the back of my wrist as I wear a watch on my left hand. Secondly the lug to lug isn't overly large in comparison to the diameter and as you'll see from the photo it fits very nicely on my 7" wrist. Finally the micro adjustment makes it very easy to obtain a perfect comfortable fit.

It has some heft to it as you would expect but not in an unmanageable way but more of a feeling of a real presence watch on the wrist.

I really like the slightly darker colour of the bracelet compared to the non-tegimented version I tried on in Austria. If I want to be hyper-critical then there is a very minimal difference in colour between the bracelet and the case but I am really studying it and focusing on it to see it.

It's early days but I'm really happy with this purchase. Now the obligatory wrist shots:

Name:  IMG_2502.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  2.90 MB
    Name:  IMG_2495.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  2.26 MB
    Name:  IMG_2496.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  2.51 MB
    Last edited by sonyman99; December 30th, 2019 at 14:27.
    duc, GregoryD, Pneuma and 8 others like this.

Re: Fully Tegminted U1 has arrived.

Congrats!
    Beautiful watch.
    Wear it in good health.

Sorry double post

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gratulation, good choice.
    Do not worry about the very minimal difference in colour between the bracelet and the case. The coating will definatelly make you happy.....

Looks great - and if your experience is anything like mine, it will soon "disappear" on your wrist. Very comfortable and well-balanced. Enjoy!

Re: Fully Tegimented U1 has arrived.

Welcome to the club of Happy Sinn U1 owners. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great watch. I recently purchased a U1 and was a little concerned about the case size and fit on my 7” wrist and my experience is the same as yours. It’s physical presence is noticeable at first but in a good way as it doesn’t feel or look too big. The watch “asserts” itself in that one knows it’s there, but it wears really well and is very comfortable.

It’s a keeper and is one of my current favorites, can’t ever see myself letting this one go.

Congratulations

Enjoy that Bad Boy for many years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100, Bathyscaphe 100 Blue

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Thanks guys. One thing it took me a few attempts to do (yes I suffer from watch OCD) is to line the tip of the minute hand on the minute marker when the second hand reached 12. The first 2-3 times although I started with the second hand on 12 and the minute hand on the marker and then set the watch running when my phone hit the minute on my reference time, when the second hand went a full minute and back to the 12, the minute hand was slightly off. At the fourth attempt it is spot on.

It's quite difficult to achieve. Hacking the second hand at 12 is easy enough to do but then aligning the tip of the minute hand on the minute marker is not quite so easy I found. The adjustment when slightly adjusting the crown seems to move the minute hand in fixed increments, albeit they are very small. This I found it made it harder to position the minute hand exactly on the minute marker.

All good though after a few attempts. Just an observation.

OCD??? Nah just a normal watch owner..

I have heard of people who use reading glasses to slightly magnify the watch dial. This helps getting the hands just so.
    Also, some movements do have a small amount of creep in them causing the seconds hand to move some when the minutes are being set.
    Sometimes going clockwise past the mark you want to align with and them coming back to it helps.
    Lastly, use a hard slick item such as a medicine bottle to push the crown back in. Human skin can grip a little and
    slightly move the crown. Best wishes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information