Getting started with Sinn chronos - 103 on small wrists?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Getting started with Sinn chronos - 103 on small wrists?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Getting started with Sinn chronos - 103 on small wrists?

Personally, the Gavox Squadron and been an affordable and wearable way to scratch the itch for a Sinn-like pilot chrono for a while, but there's nothing like the real thing....so I'm contemplating starting to look for a lightly used 103, since the EZM-1 will likely remain outside my budget for a few years yet.

The thing is, I'm one of those people around here with 6.5 inch wrists and never having owned an auto-chrono of any kind before (new to WIS-dom) I'm a bit wary of a 16.5mm thick watch, even knowing that the domed bezel and crystal might cut the perceived size down a bit. My guess is a Ti model would be more comfortable, and I think I'd prefer the feel and darker finish, myself (haven't owned a Ti watch since my crappy little Skagen in high school, but I loved the way that looked).

Anyway, is anyone with smaller wrists and a 103 and willing to post a wrist shot? Did the size bother you at first, or did you get used to it quickly? Do you wear it on a bracelet or a strap?

If you think it's a horrendous idea, what else would you suggest? Damasko? 356? Drop the idea of a chrono altogether and get an 857? I'd be interested to hear if anyone sold their 103.
    Last edited by ABrownBlackBear; April 7th, 2015 at 04:02.

Re: Getting started with Sinn chronos - 103 on small wrists?

Hi there, just got the 103 sa ar few days ago. I have 6,3 inch wrist. The watch fits great, very nice proportions. Lug to lug is about 48mm so no problem at all lenght wise, and thickness gives it a great presence on a wist (it looks a bit thinner due to curved crystals sandwich but still fat). Have no worries. Quick pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABrownBlackBear and rosborn like this.

The 103 is an iconic watch, no doubt. In terms of your wrist size, if you like it, who cares? You can't go wrong with the 103. It can hang in many dress situations. And, the bracelet, which looks pretty blingy in pictures, actually isn't blingy at all. I just purchased the bracelet and it is excellent. It really makes the watch IMO. Anyway, good luck with your search! Definitely put the 103 at the top of the list!
    ABrownBlackBear likes this.
    Too many flipped...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks ZORD and Geof,

Too late as it turns out...
    Name:  IMG_4562.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  1.41 MB
    Name:  IMG_4560.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  1.11 MB
    Name:  IMG_4564.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  913.2 KB
    As you say, it is thick but nicely proportioned and a real looker in person. I'd recommend looking into Titanium to anyone who has any size worries since the light weight is really nice. As far as the bracelet goes the only downside is how easily the diver's extension pops open on mine, but that turns out to be easy to take out because of the way the bracelet is constructed, so no worries there either.
    ZORD, wellyite and rosborn like this.

heb

Get the Sinn flieger chronograph, 38 mm version. It is the 103 without the timer bezel; superfluous in a chronograph anyway.

heb

ABrownBlackBear: What's your wrist size?
    Last edited by Little Squid; April 24th, 2015 at 18:12.

Hehe you did not wait too long. Congrats. It looks nice on your wrist. Did you buy new?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    Get the Sinn flieger chronograph, 38 mm version. It is the 103 without the timer bezel; superfluous in a chronograph anyway.

heb
    The 38.5mm 356 fliegers are quite nice, especially that copper dial. As for the timing bezel being superfluous on a chronograph, as long as it's the "countdown" type, it is an added function.

Quote Originally Posted by ZORD View Post
    Hehe you did not wait too long. Congrats. It looks nice on your wrist. Did you buy new?
    Haha, no I didn't wait. The post was inspired by a FS posting that was up at the time. I really liked the look of this model and the price seemed fair. so I had to go for it. It's a Ti Ar model which was discontinued when the TeStaF line came out, as I understand it. Those new ones have a few upgrades, but not enough to justify paying new pricing for me. The seller didn't have a bracelet so that's the only part that's new.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Squid View Post
    ABrownBlackBear: What's your wrist size?
    6.5" on the nose, last time I checked, probably a hair less in the cold. The first shot I posted looks egregious, as if the lugs hang over, but most macro shots of watches look that way, so I think the second shot is a much fairer representation.
    Last edited by ABrownBlackBear; April 25th, 2015 at 01:31.

Bear,

That is one fine looking watch and looks great on your wrist too! Congratulations!

Rob
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information