Got a New Sinn EZM 3F! Minor scratches on the bracelet
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Got a New Sinn EZM 3F! Minor scratches on the bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a New Sinn EZM 3F! Minor scratches on the bracelet

Hii I'm new here!

I finally took the plunge and got myself an EZM 3F.

Initially wanted the 104 (and still wanting it) but figured with the Sinn's technologies on the EZM, I thought I had to have it for my first Sinn piece.

Everything is great, the watch is amazing. Its bead blasted stainless steel makes it unique in its own way, however I noticed there are these minor scratches on the clasp. I got it from an AD, it's new but I'm not sure how it got these in the first place. It was the only piece so I had to take it even though it's not in perfect condition.

Any suggestions on perhaps how to get rid of them, or do you think it's part of the charm of bead blasted stainless steel?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

RSDA likes this.

Re: Got a New Sinn EZM 3F! Minor scratches on the bracelet

Was the clasp wrapped in plastic when you got it?
    it appears it could just be wear from residing in the box and getting joselt around during shipping across the world. To me, they don’t really look like scratches, but more of a slight rubbing of the beadblast finish.
    Wearing it regularly you’ll have many scratches on the clasp in no time so I wouldn’t be to concerned with trying to get rid of them.
    Last edited by Scout; October 22nd, 2018 at 08:56.
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

For this particular watch it was not wrapped in plastic, only the window was.

I asked them to check the other watches with the same beadblast finish, they were wrapped so they were fine.

"To me, they don’t really look like scratches, but more of a slight rubbing of the beadblast finish."
    It looks like I can see the shiny part of the steel as if the "matte coating" is scratched away, if that makes sense.
    Do you mean this finish will have more visible scratches compared to polished?

I know and I agree I'll get scratches on them anyway, it's just that for the price and the fact that it's brand new I'd expect everything is smooth.

The stupid thing was I didn't think about asking them to replace this bracelet with the other watch, maybe because of the excitement then, I couldn't think clearly. Just realized it a day after purchasing it. Not sure if it's possible though. However I asked the AD about doing something about the "scratches/rubbing" and we'll see their response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bead blasted finishes don't necessarily show scratches any worse. Nor are they any tougher really. The downside of bead blasted vs brushed is you can't do a quicky home fix like you can with a brushed finish. So, once scratched it is what it is, unless you have a media blasting system at home or have someone that can do it. Then, the finish could look different to the watch. Odd where those marks are. The AD should get you a new bracelet IMO... But, they may balk as you have been wearing it. Keep us posted. And, as mentioned, that clasp will be marked up sufficiently soon anyway, so there is that!
    Too many flipped...

Just a little update of my situation. My AD didn't respond to my request of changing the bracelet with the other watches, which is expected. They were only nice to you when they haven't had your business, once you give it to them, they dont care anymore.

To be fair it's partly my fault of not asking them on the spot. But oh well I'm just going to live with it since it's going to get scratched up sooner or later anyway.

I’ve got marks in the same place plus a bunch of extra ones now. Just part of watch ownership in my opinion.

Actually I saw the same marks around the people who are selling their Sinns. I wonder what they are ?

I guess it is!

Welcome to the forum! The only real way to get rid of that is to get a new clasp. But really, that's just part of the charm. If you tend toward the OCD side of the spectrum and this will eventually drive you mad, go for a rubber strap lest marks on the bracelet itself put you over the edge...

Quote Originally Posted by Salt_Water View Post
    Welcome to the forum! The only real way to get rid of that is to get a new clasp. But really, that's just part of the charm. If you tend toward the OCD side of the spectrum and this will eventually drive you mad, go for a rubber strap lest marks on the bracelet itself put you over the edge...
    I agree with this....Though I think the EZM3 looks better on the bracelet sometimes I put it on a Sinn rubber or a nato due to not wanting to add scratches to the bracelet. Having 2 Damasko watches previously didn't help either as your scratch resistance standards are raised quite high after that.

Thank you!

Yes I am a bit on the OCD side but I'll try to live with it. I guess with time, I'll forget about it.
    I'm still on my honeymoon phase with the bracelet, I'll eventually get a nato for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information