H-Link Bracelet Adjustment - Link Removable?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gohmdoree

Thread: H-Link Bracelet Adjustment - Link Removable?

H-Link Bracelet Adjustment - Link Removable?

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my first Sinn, an EZM 3f on bracelet. I have rather slim wrists and would like to remove another link to get the best fit for me.

Does anyone know if the last link nearest the clasp on the 6 o'clock side is removable?

When sizing my bracelet, I unscrewed the hex screw for this link. However, the screw on the opposite side did not readily come out. I do not want to force anything and thought I might ask.

I have attached photos to clarify which link I mean.

Excellent bracelet and watch. Very happy with the quality of both!

Re: H-Link Bracelet Adjustment - Link Removable?

Quote Originally Posted by Alimamy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my first Sinn, an EZM 3f on bracelet. I have rather slim wrists and would like to remove another link to get the best fit for me.

Does anyone know if the last link nearest the clasp on the 6 o'clock side is removable?

When sizing my bracelet, I unscrewed the hex screw for this link. However, the screw on the opposite side did not readily come out. I do not want to force anything and thought I might ask.

Iíve taken it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alimamy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gohmdoree View Post
    Iíve taken it out

Great! Thanks for your input. I should get a perfect fit. I will take my time and look at it this afternoon. I would have called WatchBuys, but it's the weekend.

I really like the hex screw setup with locktite. I feel confident in this setup. It's like Blancpain bracelets.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It appears however mine wishes to remain. It seems intentional. Oh well, I'll give WatchBuys a call on Monday and ask.

If it turns with a hex key, you could try to push it out after screwing in the other part half way?
    On the slotted screw version of the bracelet, I sometimes have had to heat it up (carefully) with a lighter to break the bond of locktite.
    Sinn 756 / Sinn 103 St Sa Ar / Seiko SARB033 / Seiko SKX007J / Precista PRS-18Q COSC

Quote Originally Posted by rapsac1971 View Post
    If it turns with a hex key, you could try to push it out after screwing in the other part half way?
    On the slotted screw version of the bracelet, I sometimes have had to heat it up (carefully) with a lighter to break the bond of locktite.
    I have the hex keys. The small screw comes out and it is the longer piece that does not slide out for this link. It does rotate freely when turned with the hex key - which leads me to believe it is not stuck with excess locktite. I may try to get something soft, like a toothpick to try pushing it a bit more.

The locktite was applied to the threads. I think I could feel it snap when I loosened each screw for removing links. Similar to when sizing a modern Rolex bracelet that has locktite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alimamy View Post
    Hi Everyone,

For all of the Sinn, some of the screws are tighter than others. Bc the hex key is so thin, you might feel timid in forcing.

For my Fortis I broke a screw toward that end so I always start from the other end.

I bet watchbuys will help you out.

Itíll come out, but requires a little more force then some of the other links. I just picked up an EZM3 myself and while most of the bracelet links came out no problem, I did have one pin that was a little stuck. When putting the pin back in it was also a little tight.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Itíll come out, but requires a little more force then some of the other links. I just picked up an EZM3 myself and while most of the bracelet links came out no problem, I did have one pin that was a little stuck. When putting the pin back in it was also a little tight.

Thanks! I had the same experience. I called WatchBuys to confirm the link is removeable. I then got the female end of the screw out using a pin and rubber hammer from an old bracelet sizing tool.

The pin was too difficult to push back in by hand, so I left it removed and placed the extra links back in the box. Tight fit on that one link for me.

Am now enjoying the watch on bracelet with the right balance.

Thread Information