heip on 144 instructions?

Thread: heip on 144 instructions?

Wink heip on 144 instructions?

Hi, I just picked up an older B and R by Sinn, which appears to be the titanium version of the 144 UTC. I haven't yet received the watch, but I was noticing in the auction pic that the UTC hand was "stowed" under the hour hand. Any chance that someone could send me or post a scan of the directions for the 144 UTC, or at least tell me how to work the UTC hand? I think I got a pretty good price on it, as the seller was selling it on consignment and didn't have a model number or mention that there was another hand underneath the hour hand, but there were no box or instructions with the watch. Here's a link to the pic . It'd be nice if someone could tell me what model I just bought, too, as its no longer on the B and R or Sinn sites. http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=530969ℑ=151379510&images=151379 510&formats=0&format=0
    I got so excited about the prospect of getting the BR/144 that I promptly bought a diapal utc 757, which should also arrive this week. I'm usually an Omega guy, but I think I'll be selling a couple of those in the near future to make room for some more Sinning. (Oh, well, and to pay for these two impetuous purchases).
    I much appreciate the help.
    Fred
    that was supposed to say "Help" not heip.
    Last edited by medbiker; July 21st, 2008 at 05:42. Reason: I can't type

Re: heip on 144 instructions?

Oh, yeah, if you want to pm me or send a scan rather than post it,
    [email protected].
    thanks

Re: heip on 144 instructions?

Thanks, Thomas for the link: http://www.sinn-uhren.info/resources...i+englisch.pdf
    but, wow, do I feel dim. I had pictured that the utc hand had somehow connected to the hour hand, rather than the obvious lining up with it, as they both travel at the same speed. Sorry for the question. yoiks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Help On 144 Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by medbiker View Post
    Thanks, Thomas for the link: http://www.sinn-uhren.info/resources...i+englisch.pdf
    but, wow, do I feel dim. I had pictured that the utc hand had somehow connected to the hour hand, rather than the obvious lining up with it, as they both travel at the same speed. Sorry for the question. yoiks!

You pull the crown to the first stop, as if you were changing the date.
    If you turn the crown in one direction the date advances, if you turn the crown the other direction the GMT hour hand advances.

If you travel to a place with a different time zone that is - let's say - 2 hours ahead of you time zone you could set the hour hand two hours ahead of your local time zone and you could read the time at home and at the other location at one glance. The GMT hand will keep the relative postion to the hour hand and will now always show 2 hours ahead - at least until you decide to reset its relative position again.

If you're back at home, you could stow the GMT hour hand below the "normal" hour hand and it would be out of sight. Alternatively, you could set the GMT hand to exactly that; GMT (or UTC as it is now called). I am sure many pilots do that, since GMT is used in flight planning, position reports, commercial log books and many other aviation related time measurements.

Personally, I use the normal hour hand for the local time - wherever I am - and set the GMT hand always to GMT.
    As I know how far home and other locations are offset from GMT, I find it easy to determine the time there. But that is strictly a personal preference, based on my familiarity with GMT.

And that is really what it is all about, you use the second hour hand any way you wish and in whatever way works for you.
    Once you hold the watch in you hand it is really quite intuitive.

Kurt

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Thread Information