Help me choose!

Thread: Help me choose!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me choose!

I am going to get a new watch, and am really interested in the Sinn line. Currently own a Rolex sub, which is a nice all round watch, but there are lots of them around. I also have a Chase durer which I use for work, as it has an alarm and I dont care if it gets bashed about.
    Now I want something a bit unusual, but within the aviation theme, that retains the classical feel. Currently I am looking at the Sinn 356, 103 St Ty, and the 903. I am very torn between them, and the ideal would be one of each!
    I am an offshore helicopter pilot, and I have to wear a dry suit for 8 months of the year. My rolex doesnt fit too well under this, or on top, which points me to the 356. But I love the style of the 903, and probably wouldnt wear to work in the winter anyway (I still have the CD for that). Then the 103, seems kind of in between. I also think the 356 and 903 are probably more collectable.
    Any thoughts, comments, especially on feel, form, function, quality etc, etc.

Thanks.

Re: Help me choose!

I would vote for the 757 or 857.

Banned

I think the 356 would suit you best. Small enough (38.5mm) to fit under your drysuit.
    And the model with that "copper" dial might go well with the colour of your drysuit. I assume your suit is red or orange?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the input. I am kind of leaning to the 356 utc, with saphire front and back, in black. I do like the copper a lot as well though.

Janne - actually believe it or not the dry suits are dark blue! Doesnt make sense I know, but hopefully if we end up in the water, we will be in a raft. You wont last long otherwise, so I guess the colour you go down in wont matter!

I've had an 856 for a few weeks and it refuses to leave my wrist. It is also fairly low-profile - fits neatly underneath sleeves.

You won't go wrong with any of the Sinns. I'd own another, but the 856 decided to clean out a large chunk of what was left in my wallet - that is not a complaint, only a happy observation.

I also just got an 856 (on strap) and it is crowding out the second most recent addition, a UTS 500m on bracelet, for wrist time.

The 356 and 103 are more my style - the 903 is too busy for my taste. But I am very impressed by the finish on my new Sinn, and think it may be finer quality than Mühle, UTS, or maybe even Stowa.

Choosing a new Sinn is a nice problem to have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MattyS View Post
    But I am very impressed by the finish on my new Sinn, and think it may be finer quality than Mühle, UTS, or maybe even Stowa.
    ! Let that be our secret!
    You know, you will get lots of feedback about that!

Cool Re: Help me choose!

I'd vote 103 St Sa...
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

I have decided to go for the 356, as I like the look the most, and probably the copper face, as it is quite different from the other two watches I have. It is hard to find any really good pics of them though, and I havent seen one in 'real life'. Anyone got any thoughts?
    Anybody have any different experience in relation to acrylic or saphire for the face. It is quite a price difference - is it worth it?
    Last edited by offshoredriver; June 12th, 2008 at 21:41.

Thumbs Up 903

356 is classic but small. I'd choose 903 since it could be more usefull at all times formal or not.

just above sea level

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information