Help me with first Sinn and expensive watch purchase!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help me with first Sinn and expensive watch purchase!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me with first Sinn and expensive watch purchase!

Hi there,

First post on this site so I hope it works. Basically I'm looking to finally up my game from watch brands like Nixon. I decided on Sinn as my choice to get started since I just love the style of most of their watches. The big thing I'm stuck on is which one I should go with. I'm looking for primarily a daily wear item on my 6.5 inch wrist. I'm stuck on:

Sinn 356 Chrono

Sinn 556i or A

Sinn 856 pimped out 556.

If you guys have any thoughts on the matter I'm totally willing to listen. My budget is probably a max of $2500 and I'm open to other suggestions but these three I'm obsessed with but can't figure out which to go with.

Thank you!

Tom

Re: Help me with first Sinn and expensive watch purchase!

Google some wrist shots of the 356, some find it a little thick. Not saying its bad, I have a 7.25 and wear a 900 everywhere.

Maybe look at the 856 UTC for a little something extra? Or a red seconds 556.

Google like mad and enjoy the hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yeah that was something I was concerned about with the 356. At 15.5 it is not a slim watch at all. I do love how the face looks and I'm definitely more partial to the matte look. Kind of like the 856 but not Tegimented.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cant really go wrong with 556 I. good proportions, looks great in almost every situation, keeps good time and has 200m WR, Typical German over engineering. On the flip side its a very simple looking watch and you might get bored of that simplicity after a while like I did. the 556IB (blue dial) looks a little more interesting visually with its applied indicies (IMO) the 856 is pretty much the same watch as the 556 aesthetically.

If you have a wrist bigger than 6.5 inches and you dont mind a little thickness then the 356 would be a great choice. It's a stunning watch and It would be my pick from your options. Servicing costs will be higher with it being a chrono but you've got at least 10 years (assuming you keep it that long) before you need worry about anything like that.

I would take a good look at the 104 too.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I love to 356, great watch. My wrist is only slightly bigger. Definatelly no problem for you to wear.

If you`ve got time (and if you love the hunt) go for the 356 utc. See here: https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/356_PILOT_UTC.htm
    A stunner is the version with sapphire crystal glass option. The crystal is made of a 5mm thick blank!

Name:  DSC00615.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  117.2 KB
    Grimlock_1 likes this.

My wrist is 6.75” and while I love all my Sinns I enjoy wearing the 556 the most.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    My wrist is 6.75” and while I love all my Sinns I enjoy wearing the 556 the most.

Why is that? just the feel or fit? or how it looks?

Thanks for the reply! You know the UTC doesn't do it for me, I dislike the more cluttered dial and the green. IF I went 856 it would also be non-utc.

I have the 356, 556A, 103 and 104.

The 356 is a bit thick but still a really nice watch.

At $1300, you canít go wrong with the 556. Itís a fantastic watch, built like any tool watch you would want. With the $1200 you save you can think about your next watch you will choose later.

Quote Originally Posted by gohmdoree View Post
    I have the 356, 556A, 103 and 104.

The 356 is a bit thick but still a really nice watch.

At $1300, you canít go wrong with the 556. Itís a fantastic watch, built like any tool watch you would want. With the $1200 you save you can think about your next watch you will choose later.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information