Help with my first Sinn!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rationaltime

Thread: Help with my first Sinn!

Confused Help with my first Sinn!

Hello everyone.
    I am new to this forum and i wish my first post came under better circumstances, but I need some help. I recently decided to by myself a new watch, something really nice, with lots of technology, well built, long service intervals, etc... This would be my second "Nice" watch. The first being a Tag Heuer Link Chronograph that i bought in 2007. I like the tag, but it has lost its luster after a while and I wanted to really do some research on other brands you don't see in a mall. After lots of researching I settled on Sinn. I specifically chose a brand new 756 Diapal on a leather strap. I received the watch 2 weeks ago, it looks great and at first I felt I made a perfect choice. However after wearing the watch for a week, I let the Chronograph run for more than an hour and I noticed that on stop and reset of the chronograph, the hour accumulator doesn't reset. It would stay in the same position where it was stopped and not revert back to Zero. I contacted the AD to inquire about this, they suggested a few tests, such as run the chrono past the 12 hour mark, then try resetting, let the watch unwind completely then try again, etc. I have done all of these tests and nothing has fixed it. Now i am getting another strange behavior in that when i reset chrono, the hour accumulator will move to the 4 hour mark as i release the reset button. Then if i run the chrono, the hour counter will only move to 6.5 hours and then stop moving. It won't advance past that point. The watch seems to keep good time otherwise, i am currently trying to determine how well it keeps time...

Needless to say i am super disappointed. The AD said they will send the watch to RGM for repairs for free, and they spoke highly of their facilities, but the thought of my 2 week old watch having to be opened up, worked on and then re-sealed really makes me nervous. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be wrong with the watch? How should i proceed?

I hope i am clear enough on my description of the issue...Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Moderator German Watches Forum

Re: Help with my first Sinn!

Quote Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
    Hello everyone.
    I am new to this forum and i wish my first post came under better circumstances, but I need some help. I recently decided to by myself a new watch, something really nice, with lots of technology, well built, long service intervals, etc... This would be my second "Nice" watch. The first being a Tag Heuer Link Chronograph that i bought in 2007. I like the tag, but it has lost its luster after a while and I wanted to really do some research on other brands you don't see in a mall. After lots of researching I settled on Sinn. I specifically chose a brand new 756 Diapal on a leather strap. I received the watch 2 weeks ago, it looks great and at first I felt I made a perfect choice. However after wearing the watch for a week, I let the Chronograph run for more than an hour and I noticed that on stop and reset of the chronograph, the hour accumulator doesn't reset. It would stay in the same position where it was stopped and not revert back to Zero. I contacted the AD to inquire about this, they suggested a few tests, such as run the chrono past the 12 hour mark, then try resetting, let the watch unwind completely then try again, etc. I have done all of these tests and nothing has fixed it. Now i am getting another strange behavior in that when i reset chrono, the hour accumulator will move to the 4 hour mark as i release the reset button. Then if i run the chrono, the hour counter will only move to 6.5 hours and then stop moving. It won't advance past that point. The watch seems to keep good time otherwise, i am currently trying to determine how well it keeps time...

Needless to say i am super disappointed. The AD said they will send the watch to RGM for repairs for free, and they spoke highly of their facilities, but the thought of my 2 week old watch having to be opened up, worked on and then re-sealed really makes me nervous. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be wrong with the watch? How should i proceed?

I hope i am clear enough on my description of the issue...Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    Welcome to the Sinn watch forum.

I am sorry to hear about your trouble. In my opinion your new watch
    is defective, and the dealer should take it back and replace it with one
    that works. I suggest you pick up the phone and call the Sinn factory
    (T +49 (0)69 / 97 84 14-400) to ask customer service for their advice.

The 756 is a nice watch. I think you will enjoy it once you have it
    working correctly.
    Name:  2012SEP15_PP_summit_756_800.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  124.9 KB

Thanks,
    rationaltime
    DaveandStu likes this.

Re: Help with my first Sinn!

Welcome to the forum!

RGM is top notch in every way- they are America's premier watch manufacturer, and they handle most of the repairs of high end watches that are done stateside - so I would not fear the repair.

It's disappointing, but once you have the watch back in your hands, I think you will be very pleased with your Sinn.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thread Information