Help Needed: BELL & ROSS by Sinn

Thread: Help Needed: BELL & ROSS by Sinn

Question Help Needed: BELL & ROSS by Sinn

Hi folks,

I'm absolutely new here but I'm starting to like watches, especially Sinn.
    I stumbled across this watch on the internet and was wondering if anyone had more Infos.

Also what price ranges are we talking here? It seems that Bell & Ross is a lot more expensive than Sinn, what about this model?

Thanks,
    Le Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Help Needed: BELL & ROSS by Sinn

Sinn Auth. Dealer website www.watchbuy.com

Sinn makes excellent watches . . . I'd never buy a B & R, not at those inflated (IMO) prices, when you can get a Sinn for that much less.

Thanks for the site, indeed a lot of the Sinn models look very familiar to the Bell & Ross ones. Do you know of any Europan Dealer site?

Cheers,
    Mo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

just so you know bell & ross no longer has affiliation with Sinn. not officially at least.
    2018 Blacklist Custom Unitas 6498 Conversion
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom ETA 2824 Conversion
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1961 Belforte Sheppard AFB
    1961 Omega Seamaster

"Time spent waiting between the seconds is only conspiring to make me older" DV 2018
    "I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    DV 2011
    Dirtvictim The Watch Mechanic.

yeah I just found that out, Bell and Ross had Sinn make a lot of their early watches...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtvictim View Post
    just so you know bell & ross no longer has affiliation with Sinn. not officially at least.
    I believe Sinn is responsible for making and servicing the Hydromax models for Bell & Ross still, so they still have some affiliation.

Here are some comments I have gleaned from the web recently regarding Sinn and Bell & Ross.

....Bell&Ross and Sinn: if you look at the photos of some older Bell and Ross watches you will see they look exactly like some Sinn models and the dials say "Bell and Ross by Sinn". I understand they started out marketing Sinn models under their name in other territories and/or Sinn was also contracted to produce some models for them. Bell and Ross has since developed their own lines of watches and makes them themselves. although I read somewhere that Sinn still services their Hydromax oil-filled model.

....One of the owners of B&R (the designer) started out by working at an intership at Sinn, later when he started out Bell and Ross - their watches were made by Sinn. That is no longer true, for the past couple of years all of their watches are made at their own facilities.

....Back in the mid to late 90's, SINN made handwound versions for Bell & Ross; I have one. B&R designated them "Classic B (all black dial) HW" or "Classic W (black dial w/white subdials) HW". Recently, SINN reintroduced 103 HW models (with white subdials) in limited numbers that were quickly sold out; that's probably the one you saw.

....The founder of the Bell & Ross sought advice from Sinn: Bruno Belamich and Carlos-A.Rosillo founded Bell & Ross in '91, and they visited Sinn factory studied their watchmaking because they liked style of the Sinn watches. Sinn suggested selling the watch under the "Bell & Ross by Sinn" name. I've also told Bruno who's a designer involved initialy in designing of some models available under the both brands. I think these watches were started selling from 1993, ended production around '01.

....It has been said that Sinn is still producing watches for B&R. This is not correct. Sinn terminated its agreement with Bell & Ross five years ago. Some models remained in retail stores after that time until those models sold out. The only relationship between Bell & Ross and Sinn today is that Sinn services all Bell & Ross watches with oil filled cases, since that is a Sinn technology licensed to them. Sinn has not made any B&R watches for years. None of Bell & Ross' present watches are of Sinn manufacture.

Thanks for the info Dalstott and that's a lovely 903 (H4) you have there, mate

Thanks for all that info, I think Bell and Ross watches look really nice.

However, some models look very close to the ones Sinn makes, and that doesnt really justify the price difference of 2x-3x here in Germany...

I had a Bell & Ross Pilot by Sinn for about 6 years (SS chrono with bracelet, bead blasted(?) finish). It was a terrific and unique piece and never needed service. Kinda wish I had it back. Cheers.

Thread Information