WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

HELP pls.. U1 in frankfurt or copenhagen airport?

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  mebiuspower 
#1 ·
Hi..

Jus chanced upon this great forum...

need some help if anyone knows pls? i will be in copenhagen for a couple of days... then taking a flight from copenhagen to frankfurt to fly home from singapore.

1. does anyone know if i can get a U1 in copenhagen?
2. does anyone know if i can get a U1 at copenhagen of FRAnkfurt MAIN airport?

appreciate all help.

jack

#2 ·
I can't speak for Copenhagen but AFAIK there is not an AD at the Frankfurt Flughafen.

How much ground time will you have in Frankfurt? If you overnight you could catch a cab and visit the factory (Im Füldchen 5-7, phone 069/ 9784140) or their AD in Frankfurt (Nickel on Mainzer Landstrasse 99, phone 069/ 236806). If that's doable call ahead for availability.

#12 ·
I don't want to create a new thread, but is it still true that there is no Sinn Dealer at Frankfurt airport? I have a friend that's interested to purchase a U1 when he goes to Germany in Sept. Actually 15 min taxi ride from the airport to the factory doesn't sound too bad.

#3 ·
Not at the airport,as far as I know.

Not in Frankfurt, and I very much doubt in Copenhagen.

As someone suggested already, the taxi trip from Frankfurt Airport to the factory is about 15 mins and they undoubtedly have to largest collection.
In fact, they even could reserve a watch for you and you would be sure the watch is there waiting for you when you get there.

Depending on where you live, you might be able to claim the 19% sales tax (Mehrwertsteuer) back after you have taken the watch out of the Germany and after German Customs have stamped the invoice.

Seems to be the most promising way to go, if you can spare the extra time.

K.

#4 ·
Re: Not at the airport,as far as I know.

I am quite sure CPH Airport does not have any Sinn Watch... not sure abt CPH. But your best bet is Frankfurt as mentioned by SMSgt Bo and Kurt. Even my Swedish fren dont get his watch from Sweden or Denmark but thru a AD in Germany. Good luck with your hurt!

#8 ·
so how many percent of VAT can i rebate it ?

im getting 30 percent off from a local AD. and plus i could get a 5 percent back if i ask my foreign friend buy it, bring it out of the country and bring it back again....yeah sound very confusing.

#10 ·
Re: Not at the airport,as far as I know.

thanks for all ur help... i only have 2 hrs 50 min at the airport before i take the flight back to singapore. seems abit tight. might not be able to pull it off.

do u guys know if it's cheaper for me to buy from the states? i'll be heading to houston in august. i always thought it will be cheaper in europe.

#14 ·
Definitely NO ad in CPH. Fly through there quite often, and always check the shop there. They are actually selling less brands there than they used to. There used to be at least two decent shops there, but I think now there is only one.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got my Sinn 903ST "Navitimer" chronograph a couple of years ago from a dealer in Stuttgart. The price was substantially less than the I could find in the USA. Of course, I paid no VAT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.