How to buy a Sinn watch
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How to buy a Sinn watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    6

    How to buy a Sinn watch

    Hi there everyone

    My first post here.

    I've been after a decent watch for some time now. In the past, I've owned nice watches from both Omega and Tag, but they are both on the wrists of my two sons. I am currently wearing a Seiko flight master, which is okay but not in the same league.

    I am half-German so I feel the irrational tug towards German watches, and having looked at Sinn, Damasko, Laco and Stowa, I think it's Sinn for me. Moreover, it will be a Sinn diver for me, and I'm weighing up whether I want to buy a U1 SE on a black bracelet, a U1 SDR with tegimented case/strap or a USX GSG9.

    I'm in the UK so there's no real opportunity to see, try on, etc. How can anyone drop >£2k on a watch, unseen? So I'm thinking of heading over to Frankfurt to the famous showroom to try them all on.

    What have others done in this situation? And if I go down the Sinn showroom route, can one purchase and take delivery on the spot? I love instant gratification

    Thanks

    Nikko

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    347

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Welcome to the forum!! You've made a great choice deciding to pursue a Sinn. The showroom idea is a very good one... if you find yourself in Frankfurt that's definitely the way to go... and yes you should be able to buy there on the spot. However, Page and Cooper in the UK sells Sinn pieces. Perhaps if you are ever near them you could take a look? Might be easier than a trip to Germany.

  3. #3
    Member JaseRicco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Quote Originally Posted by N_i_k_k_o View Post
    Hi there everyone
    I'm in the UK so there's no real opportunity to see, try on, etc. How can anyone drop >£2k on a watch, unseen? So I'm thinking of heading over to Frankfurt to the famous showroom to try them all on.

    What have others done in this situation? And if I go down the Sinn showroom route, can one purchase and take delivery on the spot? I love instant gratification

    Thanks

    Nikko
    First off, welcome to the forum!!

    There is no opportunity here in the States to try on Sinn either as there is only one AD. So what did I do you ask? I did my due diligence, researched and made the decision to purchase. I picked one up used on the forum, never looked back and have been estachtic with my new Sinn...

    Name:  ED2E1286-426A-40C2-8AD7-0FB3FA9F804F.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  3.08 MB

    Name:  05346549-D44F-4FC4-BF7C-80A0E901A217.jpeg
Views: 461
Size:  1.33 MB

    Name:  4FB9C1AE-2523-4A56-B930-3DB12B26E6DD.jpeg
Views: 412
Size:  2.12 MB

    Some times you just have to take a leap and go with your gut.
    HumanBean likes this.
    Current Rotation:

    Dress:
    Casual:
    Beater:


    Future Acquisitions:


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    6

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Quote Originally Posted by JaseRicco View Post
    First off, welcome to the forum!!

    There is no opportunity here in the States to try on Sinn either as there is only one AD. So what did I do you ask? I did my due diligence, researched and made the decision to purchase. I picked one up used on the forum, never looked back and have been estachtic with my new Sinn...

    Name:  ED2E1286-426A-40C2-8AD7-0FB3FA9F804F.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  3.08 MB

    Name:  05346549-D44F-4FC4-BF7C-80A0E901A217.jpeg
Views: 461
Size:  1.33 MB

    Name:  4FB9C1AE-2523-4A56-B930-3DB12B26E6DD.jpeg
Views: 412
Size:  2.12 MB

    Some times you just have to take a leap and go with your gut.
    Nice watch & pictures, Jase. I take your point but I want to make the right choice so will plan on a trip to Frankfurt. I travel to/from Munich all the time so will plan a small diversion (around 5 hrs each way) but at least I can see the range. I don't think any of the dealers in the UK have much to look at but maybe someone can put me straight on that?

    Thanks for making me feel welcome here.

    Nikko

  6. #5
    Member JaseRicco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Quote Originally Posted by N_i_k_k_o View Post
    Nice watch & pictures, Jase. I take your point but I want to make the right choice so will plan on a trip to Frankfurt. I travel to/from Munich all the time so will plan a small diversion (around 5 hrs each way) but at least I can see the range. I don't think any of the dealers in the UK have much to look at but maybe someone can put me straight on that?

    Thanks for making me feel welcome here.

    Nikko
    Good luck and be sure to post when you acquire.
    Current Rotation:

    Dress:
    Casual:
    Beater:


    Future Acquisitions:


  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,077

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    It's more like a 4 hour trip one-way from Munich to Frankfurt. About the same time whether by train or by auto. Take the train. Far less stress.
    gaopa likes this.

  8. #7
    Member sarbmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    119

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Go see the watches in person. You won't be disappointed.
    gaopa likes this.

  9. #8
    Moderator Spring-Diver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Southern California (OC)
    Posts
    6,051

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Welcome aboard Nikko!

    Going to the factory store is the best decision IMO. I highly suggest checking out the EZM9 and T1 series as well. Grade 5 titanium is a beautiful thing ;)

    Cheers
    Shannon
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

    Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

    My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

    Want

    Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

    Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    146

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    I need to load my photo - I recently bought a USX GSG9 used on the forum here.

    FANTASTIC. Everything it should be and ~1 year old, +1/3 off. Bracelet not worn. I have it on a EO MN strap, black red stipe, but have a grey, lume stripe coming.

    Right now I'm wearing a Muhle Glashutte SAR, wonderful, but not quite at the level of the Sinn USX GSG9.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    116

    Re: How to buy a Sinn watch

    Similar to Jase, I am in the states and don't have a store close to try any Sinn's. I picked up a Sinn from the forum and suddenly I have a collection. If you get one at a good price and aren't happy, Sinn has a nice following where selling won't be an issue. At least your not trying to figure out sizing on a T1 or T2

    Name:  IMG_0990size.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  91.8 KB
    N_i_k_k_o likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. How To Buy Maratac Pilot Watch in Europe? Ireland?
      By Luketay in forum Pilots' & Military watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: January 3rd, 2012, 11:06
    2. Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 15th, 2010, 01:30
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: February 17th, 2010, 16:10
    4. How to buy your first watch??
      By P_R in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: August 20th, 2009, 03:55
    5. How to buy an eBay watch?
      By chowderhead in forum Omega
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: November 16th, 2008, 04:23

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •