How did you come to know about Sinn watches?

Thread: How did you come to know about Sinn watches?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dear all, I am not sure if this has been done before, but I thought it might be interesting to post a thread like this to ask:

What was your first Sinn watch?

Let me begin, I went to the AD in S'pore and was introduced to the brand. Then went home to search the internet and found the early Sinn Forum.
    My first Sinn was the GSG9 142 which I no longer have O|
    Currently a Sinn U2 owner and once again, thanks to the S'pore AD- Hour Glass :gold

Re: How did you come to know about Sinn watches?

I think a friend mentioned Sinn watches to me, said they were military type watches. I then checked on the internet and bought some watch magazines. There are only a few Sinn's which I like: EZM2, UX, U2, 103 Ti Ar UTC, and 203 Ti Ar. I recently purchased my first Sinn, an black bezeled EZM2.
    I'd like to get a UX, yet we all know that story. Next would be the 103 Ti Ar UTC =

Ahhh....

The guys over at Blade Forum (I'm always there...) were singing praises about Sinn... Then I was reading about the U series before they were launched. Being a knife guy, I'm very interested in high-tech, functional and practical watches, i.e. GSAR, TSAR, Seiko's, Eco-zillas....
    The straw that broke the camel's back was when a co-worker turned up with a U2! 2 weeks later I was at the local AD (Hour Glass) and walked out with a U2.

Currently, I'm waiting for a UX and bracelet. But I'm also seriously thinking of a Pam 111 or 112.

Sean

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

learnt about Sinn from timezone or watchuseek, forgot which one.. was actually browsing sub-forums for other brands like Omega......

actually like Sean Hawkins, i am also eyeing the Panerai 111....

now torn between the U1 or the Panerai 111, though both are totally different in term of outlook, design, price etc etc..........

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Hawkins
    Ahhh....

The guys over at Blade Forum (I'm always there...) were singing praises about Sinn... Then I was reading about the U series before they were launched. Being a knife guy, I'm very interested in high-tech, functional and practical watches, i.e. GSAR, TSAR, Seiko's, Eco-zillas....
    The straw that broke the camel's back was when a co-worker turned up with a U2! 2 weeks later I was at the local AD (Hour Glass) and walked out with a U2.

Currently, I'm waiting for a UX and bracelet. But I'm also seriously thinking of a Pam 111 or 112.

Sean

I think the first time I noticed the "SINN" was on a Bell & Ross chronograph watch from a Taiwanese Watch Magazine. I like the dial configurations but then I noticed the "By SINN" under the Date dial.

Did more research online and after reading a lot of postings and I bought my frist 144 GMT Ti from the bay. After that, all my purchases are from this forum from the 2nd hand market.

My faviour is still the 356 which caught my eyes when I first look at the SINN watches.

Thanks for the post.

Tommy

Glashütte Original Senator Navigator [Cal. 39-10]
    IWC Pilot Chronograph 3706-007 [Cal. C922,
    25 jewels
    (modified Valjoux 7750)]
    Junghans Pilot PVD [ETA 2824-2]
    Marina Militare in Titanium [Unitas 6497]
    NOMOS Sun Watch (Solar powered )
    NOMOS Tangente Date [Beta Movement]
    Omega Dynamic Chronograph [Cal. 1138]
    Seagull 1963 Chronograph [ST19 chronograph movement, 19 Jewels]
    SINN 356 40 JAHRE (1961-2001) [Valjoux 7750]
    SINN 356 UTC [Valjoux 7750]
    STOWA 80th Anniversary Marine Original 18/80 [Unitas 6498]
    STOWA 80th Anniversary Flieger Original 12/80 [Modified Unitas 6497]
    Tutima Military Chronograph (1985 Germany Air Force Issued) [Lemania 5100]
    Zenith Rainbow Flyback Chronograph (black face) [cal 405 El Primero 31 Jewels]

Sold to another collector:
    Omega Speedmaster Chronograph [Cal. 1045]

I was on Fredawatchstraps.com looking for a replacement for my Citizen watch and they have large images of the straps fitted to watches so one can get a better look..... One watch was a Sinn. Never heard of this brand.

Two days later I saw the U1 on watchbuys and was hooked. Two or so weeks later I decided to do research as I have always wanted a fine mechanical watch. In my research I found this formative forum and others. After a lot of reading came to the conclusion that I needed a sinn and decided to buy a U1- On order.

Moderator Emeritus

Well....

It was about a year ago, sometime in August 2005, I was on the Seiko, Citizen watch forum and was chatting with a very nice fellow from Singapore, James Tan, about watches and stuff and we started talking about tough watches and I remember telling him about my Citizen eco-drive Promaster Tough and he mentioned Sinn watches. I had heard of the brand but it was only a whisper or two. Nothing really large enough to catch my attention. I didn't know much about the company or its offerings.

James then sent me a link to Harry Tan's excellent review of the U1. Well, I was dumbstuck!! I quickly soaked everything in and did a search for "Sinn watch forum" on google and came to this place. I lurked for a while and devoured every bit of detail I could find and was quite impressed with the models here. By September, I was hooked on the U2 because the technology was perfect for me. Finally, somebody out there built a watch which could withstand -45 celsius and won't fog. Sub steel sounded pretty neat too. There wasn't too many pictures floating around. A couple of guys out there had their U2's from the first batch and had posted a couple of pics here and there. There wasn't too much to see and no ownership experiences until about the second week of September. Then I was in and in bad. I put my name down for one and received it and a 103 ti ar on December 31st 2005.

The rest they say is history.

space watches brought me to Sinn, 142 to be specific

heb

From Bell & Ross wristwatches..........

Hello,

Back in 1997 I read an article about B&R in International Wristwatch magazine. "Made by Sinn" was prominently displayed on B & R dials back then.

heb

Hi -

Colleague at work used to live right around the corner from the factory in Rödelheim and at one point his wife (nice gal!) bought him a 365. He wore it one day and we were talking watches, we went there during lunch time.

Still don't have one, but a 900 is on my very short list...

JohnF

PS: i live about 30 minute drive from the factory...
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information