How Does the Titanium of the T1/T2 Hold Up
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Spring-Diver
  • 2 Post By farmerboy
  • 1 Post By GotSprings

Thread: How Does the Titanium of the T1/T2 Hold Up

How Does the Titanium of the T1/T2 Hold Up

I know the bezels are tegimented, so they should do well against daily abuse.
    But how does the case, bracelet, and clasp hold up to scratches?
    Pix are welcome.
    Thanks

Re: How Does the Titanium of the T1/T2 Hold Up

Both of my T1’s are still spotless. I have the bracelet, but I don’t use it, so it’s spotless as well :). I wear them on the Sinn silicone.

My T1 came with a tegimented ti clasp (EZM9/10) which still is in perfect condition. Where as my T1B came with the regular ti clasp and it shows signs of wear. No dings or scratches, just light swirlies. On a plus side, the non tegimented clasp or bracelet could easily be blasted to look new again!

The case’s still look new with only the slightest sign of strap change under the lugs. Reinstalling or removing the silicone strap or bracelet is a bit stressful to say the least. Drilled lugs would have made a huge difference.

Bottom line: highly recommend Sinn’s T1/T2 and EZM9/10. The tegimented Grade 5 titanium/Grade 5 ti, has shown zero signs of wear.

I really wish the T1/T2 were full tegimented as I love the darker color of my EZM9. Hopefully a all black “S” or SDR version will be available in the future.

Cheers
    Shannon
    OneEyeMan likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Aquadive: Bathyscaphe Poseidon GMT 100, Bathyscaphe 100 Blue

Sinn: U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

2 years on the T1. Worn outdoors for working, walking woods, about everything EXCEPT vehicle mechanics.
    I don't really look at my T1 except to see the time so took it off just now to check for scratches.

I am looking closely! All of what I thought may be a scratch is sweat and body oil from the heat and humidity.

The crystal is always gunked up on my watch from the above mentioned sweat and body oil yuck, but the watch ain't scratched.
    OneEyeMan and Spring-Diver like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Duplicate. Sorry

But will add that I do not us my bracelet. Took it off day 1 and wear an Isofrane.
    Thought I'd keep bracelet pristine in case I did not like the watch.

I will probably sell the bracelet as I really like the T1 with a Iso or Borialis type band.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post
    I really wish the T1/T2 were full tegimented as I love the darker color of my EZM9. Hopefully a all black “S” or SDR version will be available in the future.

Cheers
    Shannon
    I was emailing back and forth about a Modded T2 for me. One of the messages might have been a translation thing between German and English...
    But we were chatting about the T2B going away... and Sinn eluded to the idea that the T2 is on the block too.

Makes me wonder if they are not looking to keep doing the T series.

A request to WatchBuys to ask if Sinn could tegiment the Special Order T2 met with a "NO".

Seemed odd as They Will Fully Tegiment a UX or U1 if requested.

To be honest... if you want something custom from Sinn... I recommend asking Sinn rather than WatchBuys.
    Last edited by GotSprings; July 16th, 2019 at 20:09.
    OneEyeMan likes this.

it might not hold up as well to scratches as the hardened steel watches, but then again you get to avoid dealing with rust like you would on one of those watches

Thread Information