How rare is your Sinn?
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: How rare is your Sinn?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

How rare is your Sinn?

When did you last spot a Sinn in the flesh....in the wild? Have you Ever spotted one? Did you resist a compliment to the wearer?

Here in the UK, I came across Sinn watches via this forum & eBay and I was hooked! It took me until late last year to get myself a carefully considered U1 SDR....that I just LOVE.

My point is, again here in the UK, even with my almost unhealthy interest in 'watch spotting' (on peoples wrists in the real world that is) in bars, offices, the bank, on the train, literally anywhere, I am yet to spot a single Sinn (any model) on a wrist!?

To me, that's just one more reason that I just love Sinn & I feel quite smug inside, knowing just what I have got my hands on.

If watches were cars.....jeeeez you'd have to spend some serious cash to get the performance and exclusivity a Sinn offers
    Last edited by b'oris; January 31st, 2014 at 15:42.
    .....just ride

Re: How rare is your Sinn?

I had the opportunity to see a lot of Sinns on the wrists of a bunch of folks last May. Well, to be fair, I was at a Watchbuys watch roadshow in Manhattan, New York City. I was wearing my Sinn 556 on a NATO strap and spoke to another guy wearing the same watch. I was surprised he hadn't heard of NATO straps before. His 556 was on the bracelet. Very cool event, no sales pressure and I got to see watches I'd never be able to afford -- at least for now.

I haven't seen a Sinn on anyone else's wrists since that event.
    Last edited by Ottovonn; January 16th, 2014 at 17:26.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

I had never seen one in person until mine arrived via the post.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chabanais View Post
    I had never seen one in person until mine arrived via the post.
    Yes, same here. If I want to see another Sinn for comparison I will just have to buy one.
    b'oris and N.Caffrey like this.

The only Sinn other than my Sinn that I have seen are from my friend "the watch collector", he is the one that made me a Sinner. And I can't be more happy about it. :)

Ditto regarding the previous responses. I have never seen another Sinn in my neck o' the woods. However, I have observed posts from other Sinners from Michigan on the forum - we are as rare as the actual wolverine is in this State.

Banned

I have never seen a Sinn out in the wild in any of my travels, except for the one on my wrist. But then I have never seen an Omega SMP out in the wild in over 8 years either, seen many Breitlings, Rolexes, Tags, and a couple of Panerais.

I live in the Phoenix area and go to Scottsdale on occasion, and this is where I see most of my "big game" watches on peoples wrists. Out here, even the people with big money don't seem to have much "watch awareness" like they did back in Chicago where I originally came from. You could walk around out here with a Patek Phillipe on your wrist and 99.999% of the people wouldn't give it a glance.
    b'oris likes this.

About the same in Paris. Besides friends on forums, collegue influenced after seeing so many Sinn everyday...
    On noticeable exception though. In a restaurant, two tables away, a guy noticed my 903, and noticed it was a 903, not a navitimer.
    He didn't wear his Sinn at that time but had some.

Now i don't own any rare sinns, actually two very common models, the U2 and UX; even then i have never seen any U2 or UX in the wild here in Singapore. I had only ever spotted 3 Sinns out of a boutique and all 3 were the U1 and no i didn't compliment or otherwise attempt to communicate with the wearers, none of the looked like the friendly sort...
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Actually right before I bought my Sinn I was having dinner with the wife and noticed the guy next to me wearing a U1 on rubber. Since we were sitting next to each other and I had already pre-ordered my watch we began to chat. In either case, he owned it for 6 years with me being only the third person to recognize it (needless to say my wife and his wife thought we were crazy for talking watches with a stranger at a restaurant). This still remains the only Sinn I have seen in the wild.

BTW: If you were the guy at Ada street having dinner and you end up reading this shoot me a PM.
    b'oris and hydrochrono like this.
    Tudor 25600TB :: Grand Seiko 61gs 1969 :: Nomos Club LE :: Rolex Exp 1 (T'Rex) :: Bonafide Seikoholic

"Three rules for a career: 1) Don’t sell anything you wouldn’t buy yourself; 2) Don’t work for anyone you don’t respect and admire; and 3) Work only with people you enjoy." - Charlie Munger

"Diligence is the mother of good luck" - Benjamin Franklin

"Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play" - FDR

“Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.” –Voltaire

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information