Howdy, where are you (U) from !?

Thread: Howdy, where are you (U) from !?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile Howdy, where are you (U) from !?

Hello from Germany,

because this is an international forum :gold :gold :gold itīs more intersting then the local ones ! For example when I go to bed at night, the Germans also fall asleep, and when I get up in the morning nothing has happend because everybody getīs up in Germany. This is why I love the international Sinn forum, when I go to bed with my girlfrind and at least 2 watches I know for sure that the Sinners keep on working on this forum and that Tim is sitting under his tree writing poesy, or someone else is posting pretty pictures and of course some grouser are asking why Sinn has problems with this and that.
    So when I get up something has happend in the Sinnerīs world while I was sleeping. Thatīs sooooo great.
    I just want to say Thank You Guys for this present! :thanks :thanks :thanks
    And special THANKS to Martin (even if he does not have a U yet) and Tim who are doing a great job !!!
    But I have also something on my wishlist, I think because itīs an international forum I would like to know where in the world are you Sinners located! That would help a lot sometimes ! Otherwise I have to read old posting from guys to find out is he from Germany or from Timbuktu. So think of showing your hometown. That would be much easier for a lot of things !

regards oyster B-)
    Last edited by oyster; July 2nd, 2006 at 20:57.

Re: Howdy, where are you (U) from !?

Vote early and vote often...as we in the Windy City of Chicago, Illinois are famous for in the States.

And home of the World Series Champion Chicago White Sox. Go Sox!
    Last edited by pugridiron; June 30th, 2006 at 15:38.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Washington D.C. The city of taxation without representation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cincinnati Ohio U.S.A., where we just recently learned from the Census Bureau that we are losing population faster than ANY city in the U.S.!
    Hey, we're Number ONE!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marcus, well, I'm from Timmins, Ontario Canada.

http://www.google.ca/maphp?hl=en&tab=wl&q= (zoom in and out for a persepective)

I was born and raised here. My father was a truck driver and drove the lonely ribbons of highway down to North Bay everynight. My uncles either drove truck or worked in the mines.

We are very bush oriented here. As the mining and logging and trucking industries here as well as the local NE Ontario Ministry and Government positions give a very nice standard of living, many here have cottages on the wide assortment of rivers and lakes in the region. Many have secondary vehicles and toys like snowmobiles and boats and ATV's.

This is an isolated community. There are roads coming in and out but we are far off the beaten path. The trans canada highways which swoop around us 3 1/2 hrs to the south and 1 hour to the north leave us in isolation. Nobody is on the road to Timmins unless they are going to Timmins. There's a saying here, either your from here or your working here or your hiding here.

Our winters are considered by many large manufacturers like General Motors and Toyota and Jaguar as well as Polaris and Yamaha and others as being the most consistently harshest in North America. While other communities across Canada experience -45 celsius weather, they do not consistently receive anywhere from 2.5 to 5 feet of snow a year. (averaging 3 to 4 feet). They winter test their products in this region. Snowmobiling is excellent up here with a large network of groomed trails which bring people from all over here to enjoy the winter wonderland. Ice fishing is a favourite pastime of local people here. Not in huge cottage style huts, but will a little shant on skis which can be pulled on and pulled off.

Winters are long and harsh but when March comes and the temperature rise to zero and the water begins to run, there is a springing to life here. People come out and are almost giddy. Our summers are short but can be hot. We get lots of rain and sun. Temps can get to -35 at times (for a couple of days or more) but we don't get the hot, hazy and humid heat of southern ontario. Nights will bring temps down to 14c on average. Not much in the way of smog either. People coming here comment on how many stars are in the sky and the fact that they can infact see stars. Startling to us who see them every night there's a clearsky.

This is a great community to live and I can't see myself living anywhere else.

Here is the offical City of Timmins web site which give you an idea of what daily life is like here. Click on the view cams at the park at Gillies Lake and at City hall on the main drag through town for live shots from Timmins.

http://www.timmins.ca/old/index.php

Great thread Marcus!!
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; June 30th, 2006 at 09:59.

I was born in the Bronx New York , and could not wait to leave. Just kidding about New York but I have spent most of my adult life in Massachusetts and enjoy all of the New England states. I currently live in a country town in Massachusetts near the New Hampshire border. Stephen
    https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

New Zealand is watching ......

Like you Oyster the time zone difference is great. Being GMT +12 means my first 1/2 hr at work each day is .... you guessed it, catching up on everything about Sinn.B-)

That UTC function on the U2 is going to be really handy once I've saved my pennies :-D

G'day to eveyone
    Last edited by xtr184078; June 30th, 2006 at 04:33.

Vancouver, Canada

But I'll gladly trade cities with a willing Berliner

Quote Originally Posted by pugridiron
    Vote early and vote often...as we in the Windy City of Chicago, Illinois are famous for in the States.
    We live in a western suburb of Chicago called Bloomingdale.

Great area to live and close enough to the city to enjoy the lakefront (Michigan) with a 45 minute drive.

From Sunny (and humid) Singapore - a little dot in Asia!
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the company of Sinners -
    103 Hd, 142 Ti , 142 Sch, EZM1 LE/3/4, 356, 900, U1, U1 Black, U2, 6100 Regulateur, Lufft-Mechanica.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information