I Broke My 856
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I Broke My 856

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Broke My 856

I was winding my 856 thinking it just turned five years old and I should send it in for service when I felt a click and it stopped working. I'm guessing the main spring snapped but who knows?

I've heard Sellita SW200s are subject to damage with overwinding but I haven't been doing that to my knowledge.

I don't know if the service will end up costing much more than it would have anyway. Neither of my Sinns has been very robust - I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Grand Seiko SBGJ003, Sinn T2B, Sinn 856, Oris Aquis Date, Hamilton Navy Pioneer, Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100B, Precista PRS-18A, Oris ChronOris Date, Damasko DA 43, G-Shock GW-5000-1jf, Marathon Navigator

Re: I Broke My 856

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Where are you going to send it?

Quote Originally Posted by Flighty7T34 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Where are you going to send it?
    Probably RGM, though I'm open to sending it to Frankfurt if that's the recommendation.

Grand Seiko SBGJ003, Sinn T2B, Sinn 856, Oris Aquis Date, Hamilton Navy Pioneer, Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100B, Precista PRS-18A, Oris ChronOris Date, Damasko DA 43, G-Shock GW-5000-1jf, Marathon Navigator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You shouldn’t have been thinking about sending it for a service. Watches can read your mind and it probably broke out of spite.
    DrGonzo and JacobC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    I was winding my 856 thinking it just turned five years old and I should send it in for service when I felt a click and it stopped working. I'm guessing the main spring snapped but who knows?

I've heard Sellita SW200s are subject to damage with overwinding but I haven't been doing that to my knowledge.

I don't know if the service will end up costing much more than it would have anyway. Neither of my Sinns has been very robust - I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

856 uses the SW300, not SW200. I've not heard of any hand-winding issues related to the SW300.

Edit: Just noticed that the watch is 5 years old. Sinn only recently started using Sellita. An 856 of that vintage would be using an ETA 2892.
    5959HH likes this.