I Lost My Triangle!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I Lost My Triangle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Lost My Triangle!

I have a well-worn and well-loved 256 TA, and this week I noticed that my luminous triangle fell out! I looked everywhere, but it's gone forever. I spoke to someone very nice at WatchBuys, who suggested I send it back to Sinn for a full service and they could perhaps replace it, but the watch is running fine. I thought I'd post here - does anyone have an idea of where I could find a replacement part?
    Name:  IMG_5226.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  363.4 KB

Re: I Lost My Triangle!

Replacement part would be the entire bezel, not just the triangle.
    Follow me on Instagram: ten13th
    My watch collection: A mixture of metal, plastic, leather, glass, a few drops of lubricant and a few batteries.

Unfortunately this triangle can be lost way too easily, just like that of the Sinn 203 :( I would think about alternatives too - either going for black laque, thus losing the nighttime timing possibility but solution is just down at the corner, or looking for a Luminova capsule from another brand, say Breitling or Rolex or other and ask a good watchmaker to build it in, while the rest of the triangle can remain free or go the black laque... and you could ask Fortis as they used to have a bezel with a similar lume, dunno if it was still Tritium or already Luminova though...
    Please keep us informed what you finally do! Good luck mate! A beautiful watch otherwise... Enjoy!
    Last edited by Robertus; March 1st, 2015 at 06:57.
    gaopa likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Robertus View Post
    Unfortunately this triangle can be lost way too easily, just like that of the Sinn 203 :( I would think about alternatives too - either going for black laque, thus losing the nighttime timing possibility but solution is just down at the corner, or looking for a Luminova capsule from another brand, say Breitling or Rolex or other and ask a good watchmaker to build it in, while the rest of the triangle can remain free or go the black laque... and you could ask Fortis as they used to have a bezel with a similar lume, dunno if it was still Tritium or already Luminova though...
    Please keep us informed what you finally do! Good luck mate! A beautiful watch otherwise... Enjoy!
    Very helpful suggestions, thanks! Black lacquer might be the way to go, as it would preserve the look. I'll talk to my watchmaker, and if I do make a change, I'll post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by symbebekos View Post
    Very helpful suggestions, thanks! Black lacquer might be the way to go, as it would preserve the look. I'll talk to my watchmaker, and if I do make a change, I'll post it here.
    Hey symbebekos....if you are going to paint the triangle black...check out usbzoso 's post on Doxa forum...we all have been able to repaint bezels super easy his way...all the best Dave

You might be able to fill it with a glow in the dark resin or plastic. Heck you could even try glow in the dark decoration and cut it to size and fix it in place.
    Nomos Orion Anthracite; Destro watches: Ω "Great White" GMT, MKII Blackwater, Sinn EZM1 LE, IWC 3536-001, MKII Kingston, Precista Speedbird I, Casio MR-G120, Casio GW-5000, Sinn EZM2; Former Watches: Corvus Bradley

i had the same thing happen on my seiko sumo a few years back. Sent it to Kent Parks at Everest Watchworks in Flagstaff, AZ and he did a wonderful job.
    here is his contact info...send him the pic and see what he says.

good luck

everestwatchworks.com

Kent Parks is the owner
    EHV likes this.

Check out the Pil-Mil forum because the disappearing bezel pip is an unfortunate trait of the Marthon SAR series. Mine fell out on the previous owner and a watchmaker filled it with lume powder and epoxy.

Also, here's a pic of my EZM-3, my only Sinn with an external bezel. Just to keep everything Sinn-related :)

Last edited by heebs; March 1st, 2015 at 23:06.
    "I used to think it was getting a bit beat up but now that I know that it is just Wabi Sabi I feel much better." -BC Wave

Quote Originally Posted by heebs View Post
    Check out the Pil-Mil forum because the disappearing bezel pip is an unfortunate trait of the Marthon SAR series.

x2: marathon sent me a couple of adhesive-backed pieces of luminous-coated plastic sheet and I stuck it into the hole, done.

I'll be at the factory at the end of the month. Give Sinn a call and if that's something they'll sell you I'll be more than happy to pick it up and drop it in the mail upon my return in early April.

Bo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information