I wanna be a Sinner, but what kind?
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I wanna be a Sinner, but what kind?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I wanna be a Sinner, but what kind?

Hello all you evil enablers, filling your posts with German steel bad @ssness. This is another "help me figure out what to do" thread. I've been admiring Sinns from afar, but I am now planning on wading into the waters with a 104, EZM 3, or the dark horse UX EZM 2b.

I like the 104, but feel it might be a little too close to my Speedy and Steinhart OVM. I'm a bracelet guy, but prefer the standard Sinn bracelet to the one that's going to be available for the 104. I already have polished case watches. But this watch is simple, strong and straight forward. It's the least expensive option and there's nothing complicated to make servicing it more expensive down the line.

The EZM 3 is different from others in my collection. I don't have a true tool watch, nothing with a blasted case. I dig the crown on the left. I'm not sure about it because there's nothing like it in my collection. The dial feels a little busy with the inner number ring. The dehumidifier capsule will make servicing a bit more expensive.

Then there's the dark horse... the UX that I just kinda discovered. It has a cleaner dial than the EZM. But is much bigger at 44mm and that's the upper limit of my size preferences on my 7.5" wrist. It's the most expensive, it's quartz. The battery lasts 7 years, but needs to be sent back to Germany each time it needs to be changed because of the oil filled case and I'm not sure of the cost.

So there you are. Please weigh in.
    Oh and here are some pretty pictures stolen from the interwebs to reward you for reading my long post.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by RAM75; October 24th, 2013 at 02:34.
    ~Alex
    (aka Watch_n_Wrist aka Fozzy)

<--- Click and follow me on instagram. <--- Click for my collection

Re: I wanna be a Sinner, but what kind?

Not to throw a wrench into the works, but have you looked into the now discontinued EZM1? It is THE iconic Sinn of all time IMHO.
    wicked likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    Not to throw a wrench into the works, but have you looked into the now discontinued EZM1? It is THE iconic Sinn of all time IMHO.
    Oh, I've seen it and I love it, but it's rarity puts it out of my price range.

Any opinions on the ones here?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    ~Alex

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 104 is a relatively new design but I think it could reach minor icon status in the coming years. It really clicks a lot of boxes for me. The EZM3 is close in size and configuration to the EZM1 and is loved by many here. The UX's costly 7 year visit to the Mothership is a turnoff for some.

In the end you can't make a bad decision with this group of Sinns.
    RAM75 and heebs like this.

I say the EZM3, it's one of three original EZMs. The UX would be a distant second.
    RAM75 likes this.

Like you, I have been coveting a Sinn, in my case a UX, for a couple of years. I just picked up a UX S on the sales forum, expecting it to arrive tomorrow. I sold my two year old Tag Heuer 300M Quartz Aquaracer to get this Sinn. I do not regret my decision in the least. I even had to make up a fairly decent difference in price between what I sold my Tag for and what I bought the Sinn UX S for. Again, I do not regret my decision in the least. To be honest, there really wasn't anything special or unique about the Aquaracer. However, there is plenty that is special and unique about the Sinn UX - thermocompensated quartz movement, a case of submarine steel, oil filled so that the dial is visible at nearly any angle, water resistant to 5,000 feet, etc. Do I "need" any of these features? Nope. I just wanted the watch and, man, is it ever a manly watch. Even my wife said it looks more rugged than my Aquaracer did.

All in all, I am very happy about acquiring this watch. I will be even more happy when it arrives at my doorstep tomorrow. The wait is killing me.
    RAM75 likes this.

Fozzy Bear,

Don't be afraid of the UX and associated service. If you get the 104 or the EZM 3 you will still have to send the watches in every 5 to 10 years to have the automatic movements serviced. The lithium battery in the UX has a life of 7 years. So, what ever watch you decide on, you are going to have to send your watch back to Sinn to be serviced.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    The 104 is a relatively new design but I think it could reach minor icon status in the coming years. It really clicks a lot of boxes for me. The EZM3 is close in size and configuration to the EZM1 and is loved by many here. The UX's costly 7 year visit to the Mothership is a turnoff for some.

In the end you can't make a bad decision with this group of Sinns.
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    I say the EZM3, it's one of three original EZMs. The UX would be a distant second.
    Thanks for your input guy, it really is helping me. Keep 'em comin' all

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    Fozzy Bear,

Don't be afraid of the UX and associated service. If you get the 104 or the EZM 3 you will still have to send the watches in every 5 to 10 years to have the automatic movements serviced. The lithium battery in the UX has a life of 7 years. So, what ever watch you decide on, you are going to have to send your watch back to Sinn to be serviced. Rob
    The only difference is you can have the 104 or the EZM serviced by the authorized repair center here in the USA. With the UX, they can only service it in Germany.

Anyone know what the current cost is to send a UX off to to Germany from the US to have the battery changed and oil filled?

~Alex
    ~Alex

Quote Originally Posted by RAM75 View Post
    Anyone know what the current cost is to send a UX off to to Germany from the US to have the battery changed and oil filled?

~Alex
    Alex,

I have read on the forum that the cost is $150 for the service. Of course, the shipping fees would be added to that cost.

I believe you're correct about Sinn ADs being able to service Sinn watches but, as far as I know, there really aren't any Sinn ADs here in the US or Canada. I mean, here in the US, you have to purchase your Sinn watch from WatchBuys. I can only assume, because I don't know any differently, that WatchBuys probably sends the watch to Sinn to be serviced. I am willing to admit I am wrong. My knowledge regarding Sinn sales and service is limited at best. I already stated that I owned a Tag Heuer Aquaracer. I was told even Tags should be sent back to the mother ship to be properly serviced, especially if those repairs are done within the warranty period (there are a lot more Tag Heuers out there than there are Sinns and there are a lot more Tag ADs out there). I expected that I would have to send my Tag back to Switzerland to have the battery replaced. For the cost of these watches, I don't want to risk just anyone opening them up to work on them.

Rob

Banned

RGM in Pennsylvania is the authorized service center for Sinn in the USA. But I don't think they can deal with the UX. I had a minor warranty fix on my 104 by RGM recently, and it was done competently and quickly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information