Insurance sending to Sinn

Thread: Insurance sending to Sinn

Insurance sending to Sinn

Hi

I will be sending my EZM 1 to Sinn for a service soon. Does anyone know of a postal company who will send the watch to Germany fully insured to its full value? From memory there appears to be a £500 limit sending abroad and I was prepared to take the risk before but not now. I've heard that some companies say that the item is fully insured but in the small print they exclude jewellery/watches. From a previous post someone mentioned a company call Transit 2 Insure but they look to be for commercial clients only and not individuals.

Any ideas?

Thanks David

Re: Insurance sending to Sinn

David,
    I purchased a watch from a gentleman in England (shipped to the U.S.) and he had it insured through the company you mention. He researched it pretty thoroughly and was very careful, so I would be surprised if there was an exclusion for watches. You do have to declare the full value and the insurance is not cheap, but I think it would work for you.

Cheers, Dean
    Last edited by Caboose1966; June 4th, 2008 at 16:03.

Does anyone know of a similar company/service in Canada ? I mean similar to Transit 2 Insure. Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think Transit 2 Insure only deal with businesses and not individuals so maybe the UK watch seller (in the post above) was a small business? Anyway, will double check to be sure, but I would prefer another option. If anyone has any other ideas?

Cheers David

Quote Originally Posted by lowbee View Post
    Does anyone know of a similar company/service in Canada ? I mean similar to Transit 2 Insure. Thanks

In the US, Parcel Pro has established a niche in the courier business by specializing in valuable shipments like jewelry and watches. They have offices in several countries, but I did not find any locations mentioned for Canadian metropolitan areas.

Still, you could contact them and find out whether they offer any services to/from Canada.

I have not used Parcel Pro myself; I still put my faith in FedEx, keep my fingers crossed and hope nothing goes wrong, since Parcel Pro would not be available around here anyway.

Talk about trust....

K.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

It's not the shipping Company, it's the country that the item is being shipped to. For example cutoms and postal regs in the UK will only allow watches to be insured up to $500.00. The U.S. post office can only insure a watch up to $500.00 when you ship it via EMS to the UK. This is because it's hard to prove who damaged the item, US or UK postal service.

Thread Information