Joining the Sinn Family!
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Joining the Sinn Family!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Joining the Sinn Family!

I placed my order today for a Sinn 857 UTC VFR. It is supposed to arrive on Christmas Eve. I had narrowed my choices down to the Frankfurt 6096 and the 857. The Frankfurt is more dressy, but the 857 just screamed Sinn - both in style and function. I ordered mine with the tegimented bracelet. The Sinn will be my most expensive watch by a long shot. I am thinking it's going to have a lot of wrist time. I do travel frequently, so the GMT (UTC) hand just makes a lot of sense.

J4G

Re: Joining the Sinn Family!

Quote Originally Posted by MissileExpert View Post
    I placed my order today for a Sinn 857 UTC VFR. It is supposed to arrive on Christmas Eve. I had narrowed my choices down to the Frankfurt 6096 and the 857. The Frankfurt is more dressy, but the 857 just screamed Sinn - both in style and function. I ordered mine with the tegimented bracelet. The Sinn will be my most expensive watch by a long shot. I am thinking it's going to have a lot of wrist time. I do travel frequently, so the GMT (UTC) hand just makes a lot of sense.
    Congrats! It’s a great watch and a great Xmas present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MissileExpert likes this.

Congratulations... that's a great choice!! Can't wait to see pics and hear how you like it once you have it in hand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome! Yes, that's a beautiful watch - I'm contemplating getting one myself...

Welcome cuz.

Congrats! Excellent choice

Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

As promised (and also cross-posted in the Show Us Your Sinn thread) - pics!

First of all, I have to say I'm impressed with this watch. It just exudes quality. The workmanship is flawless. The legibility is great. I was even impressed that the second hand was lumed all the way to the point. The lume is superb and lasts all night long. The jury is out on the accuracy, but after only one day, measurements are kind of meaningless. I'll know better after a month or so when things settle in.

FedEx drove me nuts. The tracking number promised delivery before 10:30 AM. It didn't arrive until around 3:00 PM. I'll cut them a bit of slack. A contract delivery person and it was Christmas Eve. Sizing the links was fairly easy, but I had to readjust the microadjustments on the clasp. It wouldn't close fully with both sides in a shorter position. The bead blasted bracelet looks a lot like titanium, but you know from its heft that it's stainless steel. It wears a bit smaller than its 43mm size, mostly due to the short lugs, which also curve down some to hug the wrist. This watch looks so good, it may become my daily wearer. I'm a Sinn convert!

Name:  Sinn 857 UTC VFR_Small.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  201.7 KB

Name:  Sinn 857 Lume.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  34.7 KB

First of all, I have to say I'm impressed with this watch. It just exudes quality. The workmanship is flawless. The legibility is great. I was even impressed that the second hand was lumed all the way to the point. The lume is superb and lasts all night long. The jury is out on the accuracy, but after only one day, measurements are kind of meaningless. I'll know better after a month or so when things settle in.

FedEx drove me nuts. The tracking number promised delivery before 10:30 AM. It didn't arrive until around 3:00 PM. I'll cut them a bit of slack. A contract delivery person and it was Christmas Eve. Sizing the links was fairly easy, but I had to readjust the microadjustments on the clasp. It wouldn't close fully with both sides in a shorter position. The bead blasted bracelet looks a lot like titanium, but you know from its heft that it's stainless steel. It wears a bit smaller than its 43mm size, mostly due to the short lugs, which also curve down some to hug the wrist. This watch looks so good, it may become my daily wearer. I'm a Sinn convert!

Its good when your first impressions on a new piece/brand are solid and you really like it straight up mate!
    plus no sinn needs to be babied so goes everywhere..
    all the best Dave

Congrats and welcome to the club
    That’s such a great wearing piece I’ll be on the lookout for the “S” version in about 6 months!
    I’m ordering a 836 on leather and the silicone strap tomorrow

Cheers
    Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    DaveandStu and MissileExpert like this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

Awesome, congrats! But, you might want to send it back, your bezel seems to be a little misaligned!
    DaveandStu and MissileExpert like this.
    Too many flipped...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information