Just bought my first Sinn! 956 Klassik
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Just bought my first Sinn! 956 Klassik

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Just bought my first Sinn! 956 Klassik

Hi all,

I just bought my first Sinn, a secondhand 956 Klassik from a German seller on eBay. It is my most expensive watch purchase to date. The description of the condition was a little bit generous but not enough to be misleading. Here are a few pics:

I just love the dial of this thing! The casing looks great, too.

The supplied strap is too large for my wrist, and I'm not in love with the look of it anyway. Does anyone have any strap suggestions? I'm partial to to some shade of brown, with leather that is un-textured (but feel free to convince me otherwise with photos ). Also, any suggestions for a summer strap (I cannot stand leather straps in the summer) would be nice as well.

Another thing... I came across the 917 GR today on the Sinn website and it looks stunning as well. Almost makes me want one of those instead but it seems rather hard to find anyway. I just like how they reduced the dial spacing and I like the outer bezel with its red text (and the fact that you can rotate it) and I like the idea of it more than the tachymeter (which I already have on other watches). I don't like the left hand side pushers though. Any thoughts on it? (Just curious.)
    Last edited by mujahid7ia; December 5th, 2013 at 07:35.
    DaveandStu, wicked and H.H.Sinn like this.

Re: Just bought my first Sinn! 956 Klassik

Congratulations, both are very nice watches that somehow make me think of rallyes in open Porsche 550 Spyders.
    James Dean says hello....

The main difference is of course the size of the case and additionally the larger 917 was given de-humidifying technology and an extra crown to drive the rotating countdown bezel.

Both very eye-pleasing watches, I believe that personal preference for either a 41.5 or 44 mm case will influence one's choice.
    Larger cases may be more fashionable now, but then again the 41.5 mm case is a practical, timeless design that continues to appeal to many.
    Last edited by Kurt Koerfgen; December 5th, 2013 at 15:37.
    DaveandStu likes this.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell

Congratulation!
    I also like a lot that 956. One of my favorite Sinn that I don't have...
    For the strap, a dark brown padded alligator, or some brown leather straight. I guess you can find several good combos. Enjoy!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That creamy dial gives the watch a certain warmth. Nice choice and congrats!

Check out our Sales Corner for Straps and Bracelets. There's a plethora of styles and colors available from fellow collectors and strap makers over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Koerfgen View Post
    Congratulations, both are very nice watches that somehow make me think of rallyes in open Porsche 550 Spyders.
    James Dean says hello....

The main difference is of course the size of the case and additionally the larger 917 was given de-humidifying technology and an extra crown to drive the rotating countdown bezel.

Both very eye-pleasing watches, I believe that personal preference for either a 41.5 or 44 mm case will influence one's choice.
    Larger cases may be more fashionable now, but then again the 41.5 mm case is a practical, timeless design that continues to appeal to many.

Thanks!

I had read about the diameter differences, but I totally forgot while posting. My wrist could definitely not handle the 44mm :)

grinhu and CMSgt Bo thanks for the suggestions. I usually have problems visualizing how a strap will look. I'm leaning toward chestnut brown leather, though.

wonderful classic hands, enjoy it.

I went with a textured brown chestnut leather strap from Hadley-Roma. I also got a Hadley-Roma deployant clasp but did not like the feel so switched to the buckle. I'm still looking for a good summer strap that would go with this watch though.

brighter likes this.

Great watch! I really like that dial. The new strap dresses the watch up a bit, making it look a little more suitable for business wear. I also liked the original strap with the rivets....gave it a more vintage feel. Either is a good choice. Congrats becoming a Sinn-er!

congrats, superb Sinn
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Congratulations, and what a way to become
    a SINNer! :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information