Legit eBay 756 Diapal? Help!

Thread: Legit eBay 756 Diapal? Help!

Legit eBay 756 Diapal? Help!

The link below has a 756 diapal which I've negotiated a deal and have two days to accept. Should I? Anyone see any red flags? The seller appears established as a good watch vendor; he's outside the US but that's common with Sinn. The box and papers are not included which is a strike.
    Photos look good to me, but I'm no expert.
    Good find or beware?

Mint s Steel Sinn Diapal Automatic Duochronograph Second Time Zone Watch | eBay
    Last edited by Phikes; October 30th, 2013 at 01:12.

Banned

Re: Legit eBay 756 Diapal? Help!

Well, I once sold an IWC on ebay without box and papers. Some people just don't save that stuff. It does raise a concern, but I don't think it's fatal. As they say, "buy the seller" to the extent you can determine his credentials. The watch looks legit from the pics. The Diapal is a great looking watch. My only gripe about it is that superfluous phony "GMT" hand; no such thing as a 12-hour GMT in my opinion. But I digress. If you made a good deal, I say proceed, assuming you have ebay buyer protection, just in case.

Thanks for the reply. Ya I would be paying with PayPal for protection and a past buyer in the feedback mentioned him offering money back without issue. You're right about buying the seller.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own one and can tell you it's a spectacular watch. It wears wonderfully on a 3 ring Zulu strap too. Definitely a keeper watch. Looks like the seller has plenty of high end transactions.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood View Post
    I own one and can tell you it's a spectacular watch.
    I was hoping to get the eye of someone who owns this model, let alone two versions plus the 757's.
    So to your eye you don't see anything out of place in the photos?
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; October 31st, 2013 at 06:42. Reason: rule violation - WTB

The watch looks great to me. I dont think you have to worry about the seller. He has a 100% rating and been around since 2007. He also has a lot of high end watches for sale. I own a 757 Diapal, wear it every day and absolutely love it! It came with the bracelet on it and also with the leather original band. I have yet to take the bracelet off and try the leather. I watch Sinn a lot on ebay. Bracelets come up quite often. If your persistent you will find one at a good price.

Here's also some more choices.

Sinn 756 / 757 Watches | Buy and compare Sinn 756 / 757 watch at Chrono24

Looks like there is a 756 Diapal with a bracelet for the same money and its negotiable in there too.
    Last edited by Jim Smyth; October 30th, 2013 at 14:49.

So what did you end up with? Inquiring minds gotta know. ;)

I ended up deciding on a Omega Speedmaster 3572.50, which is the manual moon watch with the hexilite on top and saphire display back on the steel bracelet.
    Yearlyer this year I had to sell my main watch (Bell & Ross BR03-92) to help cover closing costs for a house. Decided the Omega would be a better "go with everything" daily wear than the Sinn, but it was a hard call.
    All the advice from everyone was very good, thank you! :)
    Last edited by Phikes; November 1st, 2013 at 16:12.

Thread Information