Maintenance of EZM 3??
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ahkeelt
  • 2 Post By heebs

Thread: Maintenance of EZM 3??

Maintenance of EZM 3??

I don't know much about mechanical watches so I don't know much about the maintenance of one. How often does a EZM3 need to be serviced? How much does it cost? And are there Sinn service centres in Southern Ontario? Thank you very much for any info

On a side note, I know the UX hydro needs to be serviced every 7 years, but for how long does it normally take for the watch to be returned? Thanks

Re: Maintenance of EZM 3??

welcome J.Harris. Mechanical Watches may need service 5-7 years but it is not mandated. Some folks will service only when there is an apparent need for it - say running slow by 2 minutes (for example). EZM3 is no exception. This one also has a copper sulphate capsule which folks I have heard service when it turns darker blue or avoid servicing even with a darker capsule. I would tend to wait longer myself. Nearest AD might be in the US - but I could be wrong. Hydro models need a trip to the mothership for servicing and I have heard here on WUS a lead time of anywhere between 45 to 90 days. Please do a search to be sure.

Good deals to be had on a used (or like new) EZM3s in the FS section.
    J.Harris likes this.

Hi and Welcome,

There isn't a Sinn service center in Canada. RGM Watches in Pennsylvania is the North American service center. While they've been talking about it for years, I don't think they have the proper equipment to fill the cases with Argon yet. If you are looking at buying a new one, there's a chance that they will be fully equipped for this by the time it needs service.

There is plenty of debate about how often a mechanical watch should be serviced. Some people will do it on a regular schedule of 4-7 years while others will wait for the watch to show signs of needing mechanical attention (copper sulphate capsule turning dark blue, poor timekeeping, etc.). If you poke through this forum, you'll see some incredible posts from Timothy Patrick, who has subjected his Sinns to some pretty extreme conditions and they have held up very well and still perform admirably.

I got my EZM-3 second (third, fourth?) hand and it was running (very) poorly. The capsule was still very pale blue, almost white, so I opted to have it serviced by a trusted watchmaker on this continent instead of sending it back to the mothership and everything worked out well, sans Ar. If you are willing to give up the Argon, there are a few Canadian watchmakers who come highly recommended (Shane Ede, Al at Archer come to mind). Plus there are several of our friends to the south (James at MWWC is the MkII authorized service guy, Jack at IWW, RGM, etc.). Next time this one needs service I will most likely send it back to the motherland for the complete experience.

J.Harris and myke like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the informative responses guys! I will definitely check out the sales forums!

Nice pic, Heebs!

Thread Information