My name is Kikemon...
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kikemon

Thread: My name is Kikemon...

Unhappy My name is Kikemon...

...and I am an idjit. I've always worn my U200 with its rubber strap. I thought I'd give it a try on the bracelet but can't figure out how to get the bracelet on! The tolerance is so tight between the lugs and the fitted ends of the bracelet that I can't rock it enough to get the pin in. Is there a trick to this? Do I need to somehow compress both ends of the pins at once?

Re: My name is Kikemon...

The end links make it harder than other strap types. I try to hook one of the shoulders of the spring bars on the lug itself, then compress the other end of the spring bar similarly. This leaves the springbar compressed and almost inserted, a little more effort well get both sides in, and sliding the end link around very slightly should snap both ends into the drilled lug holes. Sounds more complicated than it is.
    We stole the Eagle from the Air Force; the Anchor from the Navy; the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and
    stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbear View Post
    I try to hook one of the shoulders of the spring bars on the lug itself, then compress the other end of the spring bar similarly. This leaves the springbar compressed and almost inserted, a little more effort well get both sides in, and sliding the end link around very slightly should snap both ends into the drilled lug holes.
    this. Often, a good hard push is required to seat both ends of the bar.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I tried this and will again. I think I need a couple of extra fingers and some better eyes! Thanks!

My suggestion is to take your watch/bracelet to a good local jeweler and let him/her install it rather than risk damage to the watch. Cheers, Bill P.

I figured out what my problem was. One of the pin ends was slightly bent so I grabbed a replacement pin from my supply. This is how I discovered that the pins on the watch were 20mm long although the lugs are only 18mm. With the right length pins it went on real easy. I got the watch second hand so I don't know if the PO switched them or if the watch came like that from Sinn.

I feel slightly less stupid now, but don't worry, something else will come along.... :)
    nurpur likes this.

Thread Information