My new (used) U2!

Thread: My new (used) U2!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My new (used) U2!

Hi, my friends around the world and Sinn, esp. U-series lover.

As I create my Nickname for this forum I had the wish to own the U2 - in a near or far future.

I spend all my money every time for this big goal. Not all forum members here and in other (german) forums can buy an expansive watch "see & buy". Some ppls. do this and have a very big collection of great watches (Lange, Patek, JLC, Rolex, UN and all the other brand names in the high price segment). But some (or the most?) ppls. like me must long waiting for the next watch. Ok.

As I have nearly spend the money for the U2 I watched at german eBay for used models. But most models was bidding too high (for my opinion for used watches) or some watches shoots high in the price for more than the new price. Thats crazy, or?

But today, two days after my birthday, I was very lucky. Nobody bid with me, my minimum price offer get the award.

Minutes later I called the seller and the fortune stand by my side: I can get the watch tomorow. Perphaps I'm so crazy (like all members here ) I cant wait for shipping... therefore I drive a long way by the car - but only for german conditions. I think, our american and canadian friends are laughing about the "german far distance" of 180 km (one way). For you its "round the corner", or? B-)

Conclusion: I'm so, so very happy to get my new (used) U2 tomorrow morning. The watch is only 2 month old and with this solid case I hope the condiiton is "like new".

Please hope with me that the deal find a lucky end and I have "my" U2 tomorrow morning in the hands. BTW: The SS bracelet is included (additional to rubber strap).

So, share the happiness with me and welcome me tomorrow as a new Sinn U-series member. Pictures are coming at saturday, cause I come late at home tomorrow (I go directly after working to a german watch forum meeting). And my highlight will be, to present my new watch. He, he, he.

cheers from germany
    U2inSpe

Moderator Emeritus

Re: My new (used) U2!

Congratulations. What a delightful post. Your enthusiasm has put a smile on my face. You are so going to love the U2. I've had mine for 6 months now and I still can be caught glancing down at it.

Well, this Canadian does think that 180km is around the corner. My brother lives in SE Ontario and I live in NE Ontario Canada and the trip down to visit him is 715km. one way. (8 1/2hours or so) 1430km just in travelling....and I haven't left the province!

Up here distance is measured in time not miles or kilometers. We all know how long it will take in hours to get to the next local town.

Great news with the U2. I absolutely loved reading your post. Thanks so much!! great to see that enthusiasm!

I'm looking forward to hearing about the new U2 and seeing some pics.

regards,
    Tim

Congrats :gold :gold :gold U2inspe or should we call you now "U2lover" :-D

regards oyster

Und viiiiiiel Spaß mit dem "Mini U-Boot"
    Last edited by oyster; June 29th, 2006 at 17:41.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Gute Geschäfte auf deutschem E Bucht für Sinn Uhren.

Viel Glück mit Ihrer neuen Uhr!

Quote Originally Posted by U2inSpe

As I have nearly spend the money for the U2 I watched at german eBay for used models. But most models was bidding too high (for my opinion for used watches) or some watches shoots high in the price for more than the new price. Thats crazy, or?

Congratulations! I hope the dream comes true tomoroow when you pick up the watch!!
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Moderator Emeritus

I don't know guys but maybe I'm just a sentimental sod but I feel that U2inSpe's post here is the post of the year. With all the stuff I've been dealing with here on WUS lately, maybe I'm just a little emotional now, but I just loved reading that post.

This is what it's all about folks. Having a goal, saving your money and after several failed attempts which left saddness and quiet desperation, finally getting the great score!!

I've read quite a few fantastic posts about technical this and technical that and I found them all well written and very nicely honed and finished. Classic posts in every sense of the word but, a little antiseptic...but...this is what brings me back, this is what it's all about!! This is so special to me.

What a fantastic forum. So many wonderful people and such great stories. I am so honoured to be your moderator here.

My vote for post of the year for sure!!:gold :gold :gold :gold :gold

sincerely,
    Tim
    Last edited by Timothy Patrick; June 29th, 2006 at 18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by U2inSpe
    Please hope with me that the deal find a lucky end and I have "my" U2 tomorrow morning in the hands. BTW: The SS bracelet is included (additional to rubber strap).

So, share the happiness with me and welcome me tomorrow as a new Sinn U-series member. Pictures are coming at saturday, cause I come late at home tomorrow (I go directly after working to a german watch forum meeting). And my highlight will be, to present my new watch. He, he, he.

cheers from germany
    U2inSpe
    Be careful what you wish for. The 2893-2 movement in the U2 is not very robust. I've had my second bad experience with this 2893-2 movement in a used U2 in the past 4 months, neither time no fault of mine but of the previous owner and/or shipping. The UTC module of the U2 has been at fault both times.

It's a shame really. Sinn sells a beautifully styled, water proof and bullet proof U2 case with a egg shell fragile 2893-2 movement inside. I would not recommend a U2 to anyone until Sinn fixes this problem.

I would stick with the tried and true 2824-2 movement of the U1. That is were I'm headed now. And then the UX quartz when I can find one.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear of your experiences with the U2 movement. I must have been lucky as I have dropped my U2 twice, once really hard on the edge of a concrete block and it's running normally at it's regular +3.5sec/day.

If there is an issue with the 2893 movement, Sinn will need to address it. Hopefully everything works out well for our very happy friend tomorrow.

Based on my almost 2000 hours of wrist time, I would personally have to recommend the U2 to anyone who can afford it. Obviously, my one ownership experience may be the exception.

Hi, members,

first: many :thanks for your postings and congrats.

I had many more written at my "starter Thread", if my english would be better. Some terms I must translate from dictionary :oops:. But perhaps is this wonderful forum usefull to enhance my english. And for english native speaker: To enhance your german language I can help you perfectly.

But now, next topic, Tim, you make me very (leaf through dict.) > shame.
    I'm very happy to read your friendly post about me, but - please - it is not the post of the year. My intention was only, to descripe my emotions after the 2, 3, 4, 5th (or more) auction, where I was the "looser". But I have not enough money, to pay more for a used watch as it is worth. Some bidder are "high" and enter one higher bid after the other, far away from the "real world of prices". I think, this phenomen is worldwide, or?

Ok, back to your very nice and friendly posting. The U-virus I get long time ago. And Tim: your very nice, emotionell postings too, about the U2 (winter wearing in Canada) are not "innocent" for my "must-to-have-wishing" about this wonderful watch. From beginning, the U1 was for me a good watch, too, but the figures are not my style and - this was the major point - the U2 offers many, many more technical features. I have see it - and it must be my next watch. And for this long time (more than a half year) I spend all my mony for this "project". And I enhance the anticipation with reading of all facts to this watch. And if more I read, my "fever" for this watch demage all border lines.

And perhaps you can feel it for me: Now the dream come true. Thats a stunning feel, only the best.

I am glad to make the deal at eBay because the watch was very cheeper than factory price, the ss bracelet was included and - this is a very goog argument - the U series a for long time (more months) in backorder. Now I get this watch tomorrow and not in august or september (after up-pricing).

The only argument for waiting was the hope for a full tegimentet case - but it is first not sure for delivering and 2nd this price will go up for 240 $. And this has enhanced my time for waiting....

Conclusion: The U-series from Sinn are wonderfull watches and I think, they can generate friendship around the world like our forum here.

Ok, boys, let us fill the threads about

U series experiences
    U steel, U technic, U cold resistance, U hot resistance etc.
    U boats
    U diving records
    U extrem usage..... and so on.

But not to forget:

smart storys round about the U watches, like the nice and romantic thread about "under my three" from Tim..... and so on.

Perhaps it is a good idea, if every U user descripe a little bit of its country and some storys at wearing the U watches.... funy or crazy storys or... or...

cheers
    U2inSpe...... only for 14 hours... than I get it.

Very nice posting !
    I wish more of the postings were as decent (I hope I got it right )as your´s.
    :thanks

regards oyster

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information