My New UX is here !!! ... pics !!...>

Thread: My New UX is here !!! ... pics !!...>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Moderator Emeritus

My New UX is here !!! ... pics !!...>

Hi Guys, I got a pleasant surprise this morning when my friendly neighborhood delivery guys dropped by with a package from Germany.

Well, you know what it is...I did too!! My excitement could only be matched by the last time a delivery man appreared on my door on a cold snowy December morning with a package that contained a couple of Sinn watches. (U2 and 103 ti ar)

Well, my UX is in. Now first. I felt I was prepared for this as I have been over all the threads and pics of the UX. Marcus' wonderful pics and reports as well as Moby's and others had charged my neurons and gripped me with passion. I felt I knew this watch back and forth and since I have a U2 with about 2400 hours of wear time, I know pretty well the U series ownership experience. I thought that my enthusiasm would be dampened a bit and my initial reaction a bit surpressed.....

well....

I opened the package and WOW oooh WOW!!!...that dial just jumped out at me. The case was basically the same but that dial seemed so much blacker and clearer and more impressive!! I just couldn't believe it. Marcus....you were right!! You have to see it in person. You really do. I picked it up and flipped it around and the most amazing thing happened. As the angles got more extreme, the dial looked like it jumped up to just under the crystal and the crystal seemed so very thin, which it isn't. The dial and time can be clearly seen from any angle ... even extreme ones. Check out the pics. To me, it looked like, at extreme angles, the dial was a sticker stuck to the bottom of the crystal. And at even more extreme angles, the dial looked like a lithio sticker stuck on top of the crystal. It was right there. I felt I could touch the hands. Remarkable. I have owned many watches over the years and I have never seen anything like this. Absolutely revolutionary. Clear and clean visibility from all angles and almost no reflection or refraction. Can a person ask for any more. Wow...you really have to see it.

Another thing that I quickly noticed was this quartz watch had something none of my other quartz watches had, regardless of price. That was...a nearly perfect line up of the second hand on the second markers. A pet peeve for me. Especially with hi end stuff. Perfect.

The dial...The dial...The dial !!!

The dial is the clearest, purest dial I have ever seen. I don't think it can be improved! This represents, in my humble opinion, the best representation of a perfect diver's dial and hand combination. In conjuction with the clarity of vision at all angles and total absense of reflection and refraction. This is the pinnacle of the reality of what diver's and adventurers have been looking for. The realization of dreams.

I love automatics. I believe that automatics have a warmth, a feel to them, a beating heart. I love the little machine on my wrist with it's sprockets and gears and rotors and spindles and things I don't understand, all working in conjuction to produce the time. Those finer exquisite movements found in higher end watches become a work of art when viewed through the see through sapphire casebacks. Blued screws, elegant decorations, motion. Wonders. If a quartz watch is a microwave, fast and efficient and practical, an automatic is a wood stove...slower, not as efficient but still accomplishing the assigned task but with the added benefit of warmth and a feel and glow that speaks louder than words. I love automatics and nothing will ever change that. This really goes without saying on this board. I know you guys feel the same. That's why were here in this corner of the internet sharing our experiences and discussing our love of these little machines and their little intricacies. We all love automatics.

But, if you can put aside those thoughts for a second and think rationally and practically about what a really good quality wrist watch does, tell the time accurately, efficiently and with acceptable reliability, I believe you really have to cast your attention towards quartz. I know, I know, I hear ya, but think about it. This is efficiency at it's finest with fantastic reliability and durability built in as a result of it's construction and inherent characteristics. The accuracy achieved by even the simplest of quartz movements found in much, much cheaper watches cannot be equalled by automatic watches in much higher price ranges, if at all.

Now look at this UX. It is not just a quartz watch ala Casio, Timex and others, no offense to those companies or their products, which have an accuracy of about +15 seconds a month. This UX uses the revolutionary ETA thermo-compensated super quartz movement. What is this?? Well, quartz watches are susecptable to temperature changes. It affects the accuracy of a quartz watch. ETA, through it's revenue gained by it's hugely successful swatch division, has spent much time and effort on solving these issues. They perfected a digital count adjustment to control temperature differentials. Thermo-compensation. The result is an accuracy of about +10 seconds a year. A year. Actually, many are reporting better accuracies approaching the 5 second range. Remarkably efficient, the battery has a projected life expectancy of about 7 years or so.

Add all of this efficiency to the U series technological and metallurgical advancements and you have the perfect concoction for a perfect dive, adventure watch.

Submarine steel which is a-magnetic, sea water resistant, non-brittle and has a molecular density of around 35-40% higher than regular 316L stainless used in pretty much all watch cases.

Tegimented bezel

Viton gaskets

thick flat sapphire crystal with double sided anti-reflective coating harded on the outside to 1800Hv.

and...filled with silicon oil to make it super readable at all angles and waterproof to all reachable depths

good to -20 celsius

Well, can it get any better? Unless you live where I live and will wear your watch on your glove in -35ish and below temps (in which case you need a U2), or forsee exposure to high magnetic fields or just can't see wearing a quartz, the UX is pretty much, in my opinion, the best dive, sports and adventure/outdoor watch you can find and at a price which although very expensive is, I believe, reasonable for the technology. And..no service for 7 years.

I am really loving this thing. I have been out and about this morning taking care of errands and took some pics at the coffee shop and in the truck. I took some while opening the package this morning too.

Please join with me in my extreme joy as I begin my UX ownership experience. I have for you pics which I am posting for my friends here at the International Sinn Forum for your viewing pleasure. Videos to be posted today too.

To those who have been patiently and impatiently waiting for your UX's please don't think I am doing an "in your face, in your face" thing here. That is not my intention. I hope yours will be in soon and we wait impatiently to hear of your experiences and see your pics. None of this would be possible if it weren't for my good friend who has as mentioned on another thread, put his spare time and effort into finding one for me. I never thought ownership this early was possible. Thank you my friend. I haven't the words. B-)

Now, without futher adieu...My new Sinn UX...thanks for reading.

regards,
    tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Timothy Patrick; August 25th, 2006 at 04:27.

Re: My New UX is here !!! ... pics !!...>

Tim,

Very nice. Wear it in good health. I, too, like clean dials. IMO, in this regard, I think UX and U-1 are similar. Again, congrats on the added "thermal" protection in your life.

Ken

Hmmm...very nice. The UX dial is a work of simplistic beauty. Only confirms my desire for the UX even more. Lucky you. Wear it in good health Tim.
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great pictures Timothy. I love the enthousiastic article. :thanks

As I mentioned in your other thread I will pickup my UX next week. :-D

Your pictures and stories gives my a lot of fun even before I have the real thing. Thanks a lot.

Wear the watch with great pleasure.

Cheers,

UX2B

That dial is special. It's like an optical illusion; it pops out of the case yet looks flat like on a plasma screen.

Then there's the clarity...

Outstanding Tim The UX is a real beauty. Wear it well my friend!
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

Hi Tim,

thanx a lot for the nice pictures and your great report. I can understand your pleasure and enthusiasm a lot! Everybody can feel that you are a really "SINN'er"...

I wish you a plenty of fun with your new baby, wear it always in good health!!!

with best wishes from germany

brainbug

btw: I've ordered my UX yesterday and must wait until december/january - what shall's: the pleasant anticipation is also a good feeling!!!

Timothy. . . . .You Tha Man!!!!!Congrats Buddy and thankyou for the informative review,oh and the Videos they are superb idea! .Congrats and good luck with the new business! .

Hello friend, Congratulation

I am very glad that you already received your UX. I guess I didn´t promise to much! It´s an outstanding watch. For me, Sinn´s best ever watch!
    :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold

Enjoy!

P.S. is it Quartz ? :-D

Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by oyster
    Hello friend, Congratulation

I am very glad that you already received your UX. I guess I didn´t promise to much! It´s an outstanding watch. For me, Sinn´s best ever watch!
    :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold :gold

Enjoy!

P.S. is it Quartz ? :-D

Marcus
    Oster now has some series competition on the forum for UX face time!
    -Steve
    -----------------------------------------------
    Watches:
    Rolex Sub-C 116610
    Tag Heuer AquaRacer Chrono CAF1110
    Autos:
    Jaguar XF 2010
    ------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information