My recent experience with RGM
Like Tree9Likes
  • 9 Post By Jmount411

Thread: My recent experience with RGM

My recent experience with RGM

Hello, I recently purchased a new Sinn 356 acrylic. This is my 5th watch from Sinn as I love the brand and all have been fantastic. Being very exited to get my first chronograph I opened the box to look the watch over. Upon inspection I noticed there was a slight crack in the acrylic crystal near the 6 o clock. I was very disappointed because I was extremely excited about this watch. So I call watchbuys and they were actually extremely helpful but they did not have another watch to exchange for damaged piece. I really wanted the watch so I did not want a refund even though they offered me one. They also said they may not get any more for a few months and they recommend I send it to RGM for repair. Reading all the horror stories about long wait times at RGM I was a little apprehensive about doing so. Anyway, they paid for shipping and I sent the watch in for repairs. 2 days later I get a email saying RGM has received my watch. About 2 weeks later I get a email saying Sinn agreed to replacing the Crystal on my watch. Another month goes by and I received an email saying my watch was one it's way back and I just received it today. So 6 weeks for a watch repair at RGM isn't terrible compared to what I've heard. The watch is looking and running great too. Currently it's running about +6 a day which I'm comfortable with. In the end it did turn out but it indeed was not a great situation. I will continue to be a customer of watchbuys for their excellent customer service. They really did do a great job of making me feel better about the situation and were very responsive to my emails even on a Sunday morning.

Re: My recent experience with RGM

That is good news. Thanks for sharing, we hope you continue to enjoy your watch.

About that 6 seconds per day. Have you experimented with resting your watch in different positions at night (when not wearing the watch)?
    I still have a Sinn with a Sellita SW300 your I believe has a SW500. When I wear mine all day and rest it with crown down it stays in the 4-7 seconds per WEEK range.
    In the 12 up position I too get about 6 seconds fast per day.

Wow I would be so happy with a watch that is that accurate. I haven't tried resting the watch in different positions when I take it off to track the accuracy of the watch. My most accurate Sinn is the 104 with the blue dial and it runs about 1 second fast per day. My Seiko alpinist when fully wound will keep amazing time and as the power reserve decreases the time deviations will vary but from what I hear that is a common occurrence. As for my new Sinn 356 I've not had much wrist time with it yet. Only about 72 hours so maybe it will settle in and keep a little better time. Even though I'm happy with any automatic watch that keeps time within 10 seconds per day as I rotate my watches quite bit. I won't wear one for more than 3-4 and I will put something else on either due to the occasion, me just being a crazy watch guy, or I need to put on a beater like my SKX to get some work done or doing outdoor activities. As for the service with RGM, 6 weeks isn't terrible but watchbuys did tell me that all warranty work gets pushed to the front of the line. If a watch is just getting a service, it may take much longer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Glad to hear that RGM came through for you. As far as the accuracy thing goes.... I've never had a Sinn that runs at 4-7 seconds per week... looks like Farmerboy got very luck on the watch he bought...

My 556 runs around 4 seconds...perfectly happy with it

Thread Information