My RGM Service Story
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: My RGM Service Story

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My RGM Service Story

My 757 UTC was purchased new in August of 2016. I purchased it from the original owner on Sept 2016 [on Helmut Sinn's 100th birthday]. It's the perfect Project Manager's tool watch with many features that all come in handy on a daily basis.

About a year after my purchase I noticed the chronograph center hand did not reset to zero, but closer to the 58 sec mark. Having owned many 7750 powered watches, this was a first for me. Took it to my trusted watchmaker who suggested it would be best to send to Sinn. I called RGM to review. I also requested the possibility of replacing the dial with a 757 or Diapal dial as well as the UTC hand w/ a white version since I'm colorblind and really can't tell what color it is [although I come to find out many who are not colorblind can't agree on the color either]. During the phone conversation RGM said they would find out.

On 4-23-18 I received an email from RGM confirming possession of my watch. Shortly thereafter another email confirmed requesting info on when and where the watched was purchased, which I forwarded. On 5-2-18 RGM replied that Sinn does not allow swapping parts with different references [a shame but not the end of the world]. The watch would be repaired with a 2 to 4 week turnaround depending on what was discovered once the watch was on the workbench.

Yesterday I received an email from Fed Ex that a package was on the way, signature required. It was coming from RGM, although I received no email from them directly. Today my 757 UTC was delivered, everything perfectly aligned [including the bezel, which was ever-so-slightly off center]. The paperwork read: Regulated, Realigned Sweet Hand, Replaced Moisture Capsule and Gas Under Warranty, Price 0.00. I had no idea if this was under warranty but that was a pleasant surprise as was the regulation and moisture capsule & gas replacement. I essentially have a brand new watch. My only expense was shipping to RGM.

Although the turnaround was 7 weeks total, I'm very happy with the service and thrilled to have it back. Others have had better or worse experiences but wanted to give mine in an effort to inform the Sinn community.
    dP
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My RGM Service Story

Thanks for the report! It is helpful to read about your experience with RGM's repair center.
    Dan Pierce likes this.

Seems like a great experience Dan. Hopefully it won’t need any attention for many years. It’s an awesome Sinn.

Cheers
    Shannon

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
    Dan Pierce likes this.
    My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great combo with that Erika's MN.
    Dan Pierce likes this.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Glad you took the time to write a good review. Often, people just write their horror stories, and those are the only ones people read, and then they get worried. I'd rather not wait 8 weeks, but things take time, that's what extra watches are for. I'll be taking mine to RGM when the time comes.
    Dan Pierce, MG58 and Fantasio like this.

This is great to hear; I've read bad stories about RGM turnaround times and service problems with Sinn on here enough that I'm dreading something going wrong with my Sinn and have thought I would eat the shipping cost back to Germany for warranty work if the time ever comes.

That said, I'm glad to see someone posting a positive story - perhaps there are far more of these that just don't get posted (people with complaints are of course more vocal) - or maybe we can hope that whatever issues have occurred will fade into the past and RGM service will be rock solid in the future.

Whatever the case is, glad to hear it went so well and thanks for posting it.
    Dan Pierce likes this.

J4G

Great report. Glad to heard we have a solid alternative, rather than having to ship our watches back to Germany.

-J4G
    Dan Pierce likes this.

Glad your story had a happy ending!
    Let me know if you ever want to part with this Watch. I’d love to own one! It’s a beauty:)

Frank-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan Pierce likes this.

Another RGM/Sinn experience: In early May I had a spring bar failure and my Sinn 104 dropped about 3 feet on to concrete. A mortal Sinn! It was running but the stem was frozen and the day/date wouldn't change. RGM received it on May 7 and I got it back today via FedEx. It seems to be fine although I've only been wearing it a couple of hours. My biggest concern is that, even though it is less than 1 year old, part of their repair included cleaning "rust from underside of dial." Rust?!*&^!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwill View Post
    Another RGM/Sinn experience: In early May I had a spring bar failure and my Sinn 104 dropped about 3 feet on to concrete. A mortal Sinn! It was running but the stem was frozen and the day/date wouldn't change. RGM received it on May 7 and I got it back today via FedEx. It seems to be fine although I've only been wearing it a couple of hours. My biggest concern is that, even though it is less than 1 year old, part of their repair included cleaning "rust from underside of dial." Rust?!*&^!!
    Hmm that sounds odd, indeed!! Have you had any noteworthy "water incidents" with the watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information