My Sinn U1 experience.
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My Sinn U1 experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy My Sinn U1 experience.

Hello all,

I purchased a Sinn U1 through WatchBuys in October and well I was off to rough start as soon as I got the watch.

There was miscommunication when I purchased the watch so I wasn't asked to size my wrist before they shipped me the watch. This led to my not being able to wear the watch and having to order an additional buckle link for $40.

Once I received the link I was able to wear the watch and I immediately had discomfort from the buckle. With certainty I would say this was caused by the hinge in the buckle having sharp edges / extra material that would dig into my wrist no matter how loose I wore the watch.

Eventually I sent WatchBuys the buckle portion of my watch so they could compare it to other buckles. When they received it I was told that it looked just like other buckles and that it seemed fine to them. However as a solution they replaced the hinged portion of the buckle and were going to send it back to me with the part they replaced so I could compare it.

However I only received the buckle and not the part that they replaced. So to me it looked like i had just received back exactly what I sent them. So I called in after a few days and spoke with Rob. He was fantastic as he has been throughout this entire ordeal, and decided to send me a second complete buckle to inspect.

On the new buckle there was still the uneven hinge that felt sharp to me. It was at that point I contacted Sinn to ask them about the safety of filing down the rough bits as I had mentioned to Matt. Well Sinn never gave me an answer so I did file it down myself and that made the buckle more comfortable.

But by the time that was all said and done almost 2 months had elapsed and I just flat out hated the watch. I tried to get back in love with it but I just can't bring myself around.

So I purchased a new buckle from WatchBuys and plan to sell the watch so I don't have to deal with it / remind myself of the frustration anymore.

So all in all I love the aesthetics of the watch but i think the buckle is terribly finished. Also I want to say that through all of it Rob and Matt at WatchBuys were fantastic, calm, and understanding people even when I wasn't.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Or am I just crazy?

For reference my wrist is 8.6" and I was able to get two fingers between my wrist and the buckle as Sinn recommended to me.

Re: My Sinn U1 experience.

It's a shame things turned out how they did. The Sinn U1 has a dial that really jumps out at me as fantastic looking. I guess I am a definite sucker for that stark dial and those hard blocky lines....
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

You're not crazy. If one watch were to everyone's liking there would only be one watch manufacturer. I have a Sinn UX, not a U1, so my experience is different but my UX is without a doubt the nicest and most comfortable watch I own - followed, believe it or not, by the Seiko Sumo I just purchased. Have you tried a rubber strap or another kind of bracelet/strap on your watch?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=rosborn;7094387Have you tried a rubber strap or another kind of bracelet/strap on your watch?[/QUOTE]

I tried a NATO strap and while it was comfortable I wasn't wild about how it made the watch feel. (Very lite)

And I tried a rubber strap years a go and didn't like it at all. I've always just really liked SS bracelets.

So now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do be it give the U1 to someone as a gift sell it.

I did recently purchase a 45.5mm planet ocean that I love so far so I'm not that numbed out about the U1 anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry about your U1 experience. My experiences with watchbuys have always been great! Rob and his colleagues have always treated me right. As for the U1, I prefer mine on the bracelet, but have had my U1 SDR on the OEM rubber strap for over a year and like it. I'm a fan of watchbuys and the Sinn U1.

Your Omega Planet Ocean is a winner. I have the 42mm PO which is a keeper in my collection. See my PO avatar! Cheers, Bill P.

I have a U1 SDR, U1 Roberto Gelb, and a U212 in bracelet, silicone rubber clasp, and Sinn leather strap....love all of these straps but if I really want something extremely comfortable or just plain bored with all of them, I switch to an Isofrane
    Seiko Kinetic
    Omega Seamaster Professional
    Rolex GMT II Ceramic
    Oris Artelier Moonphase Complication
    Tag Heuer Formula 1
    Panerai PAM 320 GMT
    IWC Aquatimer 2000
    Steinhart B Uhr Manual wind
    Sinn U1 SDR
    Sinn U1 Roberto Gelb
    Sinn U212
    Seiko Spork SRP043K
    Maratac Big Pilot
    W3 2k Kemmner Octopus
    Orient 300M Orange
    Citizen Ecozilla Ti
    Benarus Ti 47
    Benarus Bronze 44
    Rolex Date Just II 2 Tone
    Seiko Marine Master 300M
    Seiko SKX009J

Hey brother, if you are just looking to unload it just to get it out of your sight, I'll take it.
    I can pm you my address.

If you decide to give the watch another chance, you could try it on an isofrane strap - they are pretty comfy.

But seriously, send the watch to me.
    drthmaul likes this.

im also interested if u want to unload...
    -incognito-
    Sinn U1 Black Phantom LE
    Muhle Glashutte Terrasport II
    Ball Engineer Master II Aviator
    Maurice Lacroix Les Classique
    Limes ​Principio Titanium 37/42 LE
    Fortis Flieger B Dial Cockpit Date
    Oris Williams F1 Day Date
    Steinhart Nav B Uhr 44mm
    Limes Titanium

My Watch Collection
    My Pinterest Watch Page

Over the last few years, I owned every watch in the U-series, and I never had any problems with the clasp or bracelet, or the rubber for that matter. But I have to admit, it sounds a bit weird to me that the problem with the clasp stops you from enjoying the watch…but then again, to each his own...
    Omega | Tudor | Sinn | DoXa | MIIK

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper View Post
    But I have to admit, it sounds a bit weird to me that the problem with the clasp stops you from enjoying the watch…but then again, to each his own...
    Out of everything that I've tried I only like bracelets. They're comfortable and make the watch feel substantial.

So by the time I got to see two additional buckles and alter the original to be comfortable I just wanted to be done with it.

Looking at the watch didn't make me excited like when I first received. I just felt frustrated and disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information