My U1 is going back to Frankfurt

Thread: My U1 is going back to Frankfurt

Tom

My U1 is going back to Frankfurt

Look how much dust and other stuff has gathered on the dial after almost two years (dec 2006) of ownership.
    Just got new glasses so maybe that why I see it all now, but i can't imagine that this is on it for almost 2 years.

I cleaned the glass with a anti-static cloth so all the dust is on the dial and not on the glass or the camera lens.
    There is also a problem with the glass seal, maybe that causes the dust.
    Finally i have got some strange marks on the AR-coating....looks you can wipe them off with some water but nothing happens, not even with a mild soap.
    As i rotate my watches very often the Sinn is used very carefully, can't imagine i banged the crystal up that bad.
    I also find the lume very rough on the edges.

Had a very nice contact with Joachim Simon so i am going to send the U1 to Frankfurt tommorow. I know i am a nitpicker, but once you've seen them you will always see them
    Seriously, i had more warranty issues with my Sinn than with my other watches but there after-sales is the best around! Rather have my problems with all my 4 Sinns than a problem with 1 Tissot.

Re: My U1 is going back to Frankfurt

Very nice close up PICs and I agree, you should not have that much dust and particles inside the watch.

Disappointing to see. I hope Sinn get it sorted out for you soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JML

Could the problem be from the luminescent material itself? It almost seems as if it crumbled and the dust dispersed on the dial.
    ** Aérowatch Pilot Chronograph ** Casio Edifice EQSA500B-1AV ** Casio Edifice EQW-A1200RP-1AER ** Casio Oceanus OCW-T2600L-1AJF ** Centric Lightwell Chronograph ** Casio ProTrek PRW2500-1A ** Citizen AT4008-51E ** Citizen AT8020-54L ** Filson Mackinaw Chronograph 11000310 ** G-Shock GW3000BD-1ACR ** Limes Cartouche ** Limes Nightflight Vintage Black ** Maratac SR-35 DLC-X1 ** Seiko Seiko SRPA21 PADI Mod ** Seiko SRP777 Mod ** Sinn 356 Flieger ** Stowa Flieger Classic 40 HW ** Traser P6506 Commander **

That would definately bother me. Let us know how it turns out.

I wish more watches came without lume, and just metal hands and markers. To me, the lume is not important as I always carry a small flashlight on my belt. So if I am in a movie, or just any kind of dark enviroment, I either tilt the watch towards the nearest light source (if any) to read the time, or just hit it with the flashlight. Every watch face with lume looks bad after about 8-10 years. It gets dry and powdery looking. The most classy watch face I have ever seen is the Stowa antea model with the blued steel hands. Nice. Very nice.

-Jeff

need the lume for diving. also for bragging rights.

Thread Information