Need Opinions for Second and “Final” Sinn
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Need Opinions for Second and “Final” Sinn

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need Opinions for Second and “Final” Sinn

Hi all,

I’ve done a lot of eye shopping since I got my UX. It’s very hard to narrow down to just one more.

My not so short list is:
    757 UTC or Diapal,
    857 UTC or LH Cargo,
    917 Day or GR,
    EZM 13,
    (And maybe even a Damasko DC67)

I’d very much appreciate any opinions and especially any owner thoughts. Positive and/or negative.

Also please feel free to suggest something else.

Some background, I love my UX and its my most expensive watch so far, but I wear it daily work or play (I can’t bear to call it my “beater”).
    But I’ve been looking for the next watch that I could wear at work in a business casual office (I’m an aerospace engineer). I tend to be a bit tough on my things due to clumsy and stupid. Door frame whacks, forgetting to pocket the watch before stacking bricks and such.

So I’ve been looking at tougher finishes or at least those that would hide some scratches. Also as I have my UX three hander and use the bezel often, I’ve been focussing on UTC and/or chronograph with a bezel. Plus something different for the second Sinn, that’s why U1, U2, U1000 didn’t make the cut.

As an engineer I occasionally encounter magnetic fields (probably ones a regular anti-magnetic could take) but the 80,000 A/m models would be comforting. Just like the depth rating on a dive watch in the hot tub.

So why am I asking now? And why my “final” Sinn? Well the lovely Mrs. Nodnar (who is much better than I deserve) just green lighted a second Sinn for our 17th and, and coughed up 2k towards the purchase. So I figure I’ll wear this one a lot and hold off on a third for a good long while.

As for sizing I’ve a 7 1/4 wrist, attached are a couple UX shots for effect.

If you’ve read this far, I thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Need Opinions for Second and “Final” Sinn

Sinn 900 gets my vote. It seems to fit the business casual bill best. It's a sharp watch with the features you mentioned. Plus it offers a nice contrast to your current Sinn.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    nodnar likes this.

On your list, the 757/857 use the same bracelet & silicon strap. So that’s a plus.

I owned the 757, awesome watch btw, but traded it for a EZM14 T1. The 757 thickness at 15.5mm was a bit much. The 900 is thick too.

I can highly recommend the EZM9
    Tegimented grade 5 titanium and 12.5 mm thin, it’s awesome on the wrist. At 44mm, it has great wrist presence as well. Also the lumed sapphire bezel insert is killer when charged!

Good luck on your decision! Either way you can’t go wrong with a new Sinn

Shannon

My Seiko's: SBDB001 SD600M, SBDX001 Marine Master, SRP777, SRPA21 PADI,

Casio: ProTrek 2500-A1

My Sinn’s: EZM9, EZM14–T1, EZM14-T1B, U1 Professional, 836

Want

Sinn: U1 S Blue, U2C, UX S, 857 S, 900 S

Seiko: SNR031J1, SNR035J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post
    On your list, the 757/857 use the same bracelet & silicon strap. So that’s a plus.

I owned the 757, awesome watch btw, but traded it for a EZM14 T1. The 757 thickness at 15.5mm was a bit much. The 900 is thick too.

Tegimented grade 5 titanium and 12.5 mm thin, it’s awesome on the wrist. At 44mm, it has great wrist presence as well. Also the lumed sapphire bezel insert is killer when charged!

Shannon

EZM9 looks great, have a look at the EZM10 too to compare to the chronograph version with GMT functionality

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    nodnar and Spring-Diver like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss28 View Post
    Sinn 900 gets my vote. It seems to fit the business casual bill best. It's a sharp watch with the features you mentioned. Plus it offers a nice contrast to your current Sinn.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Thank you. I like the 900 as well. It looks very legible for my bifocal eyes. But the others look good. Thus it’s so hard to choose just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post

Shannon

Thank you. Yes I have the Sinn bracelet (non teg) and rubber that would fit the 757/857, so that’s a savings.
    For the 857, it’s hard to choose between the regular UTC with anti-magnetic and the 777 cargo without as I actually work on the 777. So that would be something.

For the 757 I find the dial so stark white on black that my eyes rebel. I find the 757 diapal grey less jarring.
    The 900 might be too much white on black too.

I’ve never seen any Sinn in person besides my UX which I bought sight unseen. Thus this “help me” thread.

Having owned a 900, be warned that it may look large on your wrist (guessing you are a 7.25 to 7.5 based on your pics). 44mm without a bezel appears more like a 45-46mm on-wrist, IMHO - especially when the bezel it has is so thin. On the flip side, I'll tell you the 900 looks so much more amazing in person than online.

I also have a similar sized wrist, 7 1/4-7 1/2 inches. Also have the UX and 900 Flieger, among others.

The 900 Flieger will fit your wrist fine, but being an almost all glass dial, it does look larger than a UX. About the same comfort wise, although I still think the UX has an edge over it. Also, My UX seems to fit under some of my shirt cuffs more easily than the 900 Flieger. I still love my 900 Flieger, just trying to compare the two for you. The 917 is also 44mm may look even larger with a lighter color dial.

I like the 757 Diapal (or UTC) alot, and may one one of them myself one day, but the thing that I don't like about them is the lack of a running second hands.

857 isn't a bad choice, I think the dial looks empty compared to the 757's (which I like more), and possibly the hands are too similar to the UX you already have (keep in mind when I say maybe they are too similar, my first Sinn was a U1 SDR, and my second a tegimented UX, and still added a tegimented U1 later, so maybe I shouldn't be saying that).

I like the EZM 13, but I seem to like other Sinns myself more.

No matter what you get, it will be a good choice.

Double post please delete

Quote Originally Posted by freeman4ever View Post
    Having owned a 900, be warned that it may look large on your wrist (guessing you are a 7.25 to 7.5 based on your pics). 44mm without a bezel appears more like a 45-46mm on-wrist, IMHO - especially when the bezel it has is so thin. On the flip side, I'll tell you the 900 looks so much more amazing in person than online.
    Thanks, yes a 7.25 wrist.
    A couple questions if I could,
    Did your 900 sit high on the wrist? From pictures it looks like it’d be ok. Sitting high is a concern I have with the 757.
    Also how did you find the small minutes on the bezel? Impossible to read? I’ve zoomed pictures to scale, but in real life things are sharper.

I’m old enough for bifocals, and I like the big subdials.
    I take your point about wearing large, but I think I could live with that as it equals easy to read on the 900.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information