WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Needing help to polish Sand Blasted steel

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  yamahaki 
#1 ·
That's it, I would like to polish my Sinn 144 and I don't know how to do it.
Is there any product or trick for it?

Info will be appreciated.

Regards

#4 ·
I would like to polish my Sinn 144 and I don't know how to do it.
Polishing it to remove scratches or polishing it to change the finish?

#6 ·
Oh. In that case there is nothing you can do yourself unless you had bead blasting equipment/cabinet/air compressor (and the know how) to redo the finish yourself. Such equipment will cost several hundred dollars.

I'm not sure who can do it to match the Sinn finish. You might want to ask your dealer. I sent a polished deployant clasp to Jack at IWW to bead blast it to match the case of my 356. He did a great job but the clasp finish did not exactly match the case. The Sinn finish is somehow shinier and more silver in color.
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=125632&highlight=sinn+deployant

This unfortunately is the downside with bead blasted finishes. No easy self repair. With brushed finishes, there are a number of ways you can rebrush the finish yourself (eg fiberglass pens, abrasive pads/blocks). With polished finishes, it is very easy using a polishing cloth (eg Cape Cod). I pray that my 356 doesn't ever get scuffed up.:)

You might just have to live with the scratches.

#7 ·
you can match the finish. just need the right media. as far as polishing goes, I have a pet project in progress on a sinn u1. its not to everyones taste but its my watch and decided to give it a dress appearance and am adding a omega mesh when its done. plastic media on the sinn finish will only burn it black. you will need to use a diamond grit media. ask peter atwood. he has the equipment and has done this already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.