New 240 arrived today from Watchbuys
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New 240 arrived today from Watchbuys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New 240 arrived today from Watchbuys

I received my 240 from Watchbuys on Tuesday. They shipped it fast and well protected, it had all of the plastic coverings on it and was 100% untouched.

As a prior owner of a 142, the finishing on both watches is the same level of quality, the dial work and case/bracelet being exceptionally good for the price point. The 142 is a much thicker watch due to the Lemania 5100 movement. The 240 does not have a screw down crown, which bothered me at first, but the D3 system makes up for it. The crowns both sit flush with the case so you don't have to worry about threading issues.

The action on the internal bezel crown is nice and smooth, all markers on the bezel line up with the dial. Having an option for English/German day names is nice, and the bracelet was much easier to resize using hex screws.

I think I prefer the 142 to the 240 due to the heritage, but if you want a watch that will be easier and cheaper to maintain, the 240 is a fantastic (affordable) alternative. It's also more comfortable due to the thinner case, as well as has a much easier bracelet to adjust.
    Last edited by walrusmonger; May 28th, 2015 at 21:46. Reason: more time to write so updated post with additional details

Re: New 240 arrived today from Watchbuys

Congrats on your new Sinn!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quite jealous you own both of those. Looking sharp mate. Enjoy them in good health
    Best,
    Chuck

Seiko SRP777 | Halios Puck II

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Chuck. I actually sold the 142, "better to have loved and lost than never to loved at all."
    Last edited by walrusmonger; May 29th, 2015 at 16:53.
    ahkeelt likes this.

Turns out my 240 is defective. It doesn't hold a proper power reserve nor does the rotor seem to wind it. Very disappointed, took a few days to realize since I've been resetting it during my time zone changes the past few days.

sorry to hear it. I don't know much about the SW 220-1 so took a look at the pdf, here it is:
    http://www.sellita.ch/images/stories...2_20150223.pdf

hopefully rgm can straighten it out quickly.

Thanks David, I called Rob and I'm pretty sure he's going to take care of me with this since the watch was only a few days old. I would be even more upset if I had to send a brand new watch in for service a couple of days after getting it. I'd rather wait a couple of months for them to be readily available and buy a brand new one that will hopefully not have any issues.

I've been thinking about a Sinn 356 copper, but after reading this thread and JP in NYC having the issues with his brand new 356 (Sellita mvmt as well) , i'm having second thoughts about it. For just a few $$$ more, I could get into a Speedy 3750.50 pre loved.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I've been thinking about a Sinn 356 copper, but after reading this thread and JP in NYC having the issues with his brand new 356 (Sellita mvmt as well) , i'm having second thoughts about it. For just a few $$$ more, I could get into a Speedy 3750.50 pre loved.
    Get the 356, its much sexier than a Speedy. I was in your shoes six months ago, but I got the 103 as I wanted a bigger watch. Also tried the Speedy but as I said, the appeal was just not there. The 103 is probably my favorite watch. Later, I got a Stowa 1938 with the change I saved from buying the Sinn over the Speedy.
    wschofield3 and sivart like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I had the same movement in an Oris and didn't have any issues. There are always going to be new products out there that have problems. The watch was *very* accurate for me when it was actually working.
    wschofield3 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information