A new Sinn 103 St and my 356 II
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A new Sinn 103 St and my 356 II

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A new Sinn 103 St and my 356 II

I bought my first Sinn back in April which was a lovely Sinn Flieger 356 II B-)

I liked it so much that I had to have another Sinn this time in black and slightly larger than the 356 II. I eventually went for the Sinn 103 ST after much deliberating .

I couldn't be happier with it .

Some people are a little put off by the domed acrylic but I think it adds character and if it does pick up any scratches, they should be easily polished out .

Anyway, here's a wrist shot along with a wrist shot of the 356 II.

Sinn 103 ST

Sinn Flieger 356 II

mitadoc and therion like this.

Re: A new Sinn 103 St and my 356 II

Great pair! I love domed acrylic crystals myself. You don't get the glare you get with a flat sapphire, and they have a nice warm look to them.
    Enjoy,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II

Sinn Flieger 356 II

This one really has an original color... It's really great looking!
    Clean living under difficult circumstances

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Shouldn't Sinn 103 have screw down pushers? Or is that an older model?
    both look great btw :)

Looks great! I've had my eye on their 103 ST UTC. I don't know if I'll ever pull the trigger though. If I don't decide by the end of August, I'll probably never get it if they do raise the price on this model on September 1st.

Ahh... the copper dialed 356. Oddly, its THE Sinn watch that got me attracted to Sinns in the the first place. Too bad its a little small for my taste at 38.5mm.

I'll still buy it in a flash if its available at 40mm.

Great looking 103 ST as well. the matt bazel makes looks great with the leather strap.

Off topic, but is it only me who make it a point to leave all my chronograph hands off the 12 o'clock mark for asthetic reasons? they're all frozen pointing at different directions on my chronograph watches. Think it just adds more 'character' :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Steve356
    Shouldn't Sinn 103 have screw down pushers? Or is that an older model?
    both look great btw :)
    That would be 103 St Sa.103 St comes with non screw pushers and the whole bezel is balck as opposed to St Sa which has a SS edge.

Both are real beauties. I love the dial on the 356. congrats.
    Last edited by thodgins; August 30th, 2006 at 18:44.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

I recently bought a Sinn 103 St Sa from Anders, the very fine, patient and knowlegable gentleman at gnomonwatches.

I could not be happier with this watch. I also own a Hamilton Khaki X-wind. It's a quirky but accurate watch. It's big. I wear it once in a while and keep in a winding box. My other two favorites in my collection are my Seiko diver's watches. Maybe I should be embarrassed but I love the Seikos.

In any case, the purpose of the already long winded post is that the Sinn 103 St Sa is a great watch and a wonderful value. Sinn is a German company and they compare quite favorably with the Swiss manufacturers.

The Sinn has a sapphire coated crystal which has proven to be extrememly abraison resistant, or hard. The domed crystal gives a beautiful, sensual symmetry to the watch, especially when viewed in silouhette at it's full 16-mm thickness. (As is the fashion these days, there is a domed, sapphire-coated crystal on the case back of this watch as well as on the front.) This German watch is a chronograph and is run by the trusty Valjoux 7750. Mine was a bit fast at first has been rock steady (within >.5 min/wk) for the past month.

What's unusual about the Sinn, at this price range, are the subtle innovations in it's case design, such as mixed bevelled and non-bevelled edges, along with the Sinn usage of very, very hard steels. The case seems to be entirely resistant to scratching. I have banged it more than once and expected to see a mark, but there was none and are none. When I've got a spare moment I polish the whole case and it shines brilliantly. It's beautifully polished.

The band is a a bit different story. Mine is the latest, chunkier SS bracelet with hexagonal heads on the bolds in the end links. For a nerd like me it's one of those things that pushes me over the edge. I really like it, but the steel is not nearly as hard as the case. Right away, especially on the clasp back, I scratched it up pretty good. I think it could be buffed out but I think I can live with it. Even with a few scratches, the band looks great.

Last, but perhaps most important, is the sheer look of this watch. There is a good deal of testosterone behind this design, true. But the softened edges and corners of its design, its funtionality, its readability and durability balance the masculinity perfectly. You end up with a very tough watch that looks great in virtually every setting.

If you like chronographs, dive watches, SS bracelets, etc, check out the Sinn 103.

(Do keep in mind that there are many 103 models, the features I mentioned will not be in place on every model.)

John Henry
    Last edited by John Henry; September 3rd, 2006 at 08:02.

rkm

Great combination of Sinn's. Enjoy them!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information