• 3 Post By eye.surgeon
  • 2 Post By EROKS

Thread: New Sinn 104 pictures & initial thoughts

New Sinn 104 pictures & initial thoughts

mine just landed...

First impressions...
    beautiful dial/hands/bezel/case/crown.
    good luminocity
    size is a little smaller than I expected, it wears smaller than I thought it would on the wrist. Probably because it's thinner than a chrono case. This is not a bad thing necessarily, especially in a work environment under a cuff.
    As someone that has owned many high end watches including daytonas, other Sinns, etc, it presents itself and exudes the quality of a watch easily twice the price. The display back seems like a waste given the undecorated movement.
    strap-- don't love it. I'm not a fan of non-tapering straps. This doesn't taper towards the end or towards the edges. It looks too large for the more diminutive thickness of the watch case, it's a strap I think that would look better on a 44 mm watch. I'd prefer it on a 20-18 taper with tapered edges, in fact I just ordered one from watchbuys for it, black cowhide with white stitches and croc pattern. The included strap is great for a casual look, good with jeans/casual Saturday clothes, It looks a little out of place in an office environment or with a suit. I'm sure on the strap I ordered it will be more appropriate in a formal office environment where I spend most of my time.
    Last edited by eye.surgeon; August 24th, 2013 at 22:06.
    rockmastermike, Hoppyjr and olu like this.

Re: New Sinn 104 pictures & initial thoughts

congrats...still waiting on watchbuys on my status.

looking good!!!
    Steve

Waiting Lounge: none

Nice landing!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

Great photos - such a good looking watch. Glad to see a few are trickling into the US. Can't wait to get the email!

Hoppyjr and Hijak like this.
    Watch Collection-
    changes too often to list

Thanks for the mini review. Would love to hear from some owners about the lume on the 104. I was a bit disappointed with the lume on my U1 - is the 104 better?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Thanks for the mini review. Would love to hear from some owners about the lume on the 104. I was a bit disappointed with the lume on my U1 - is the 104 better?
    I can only compare to the Sinn 556, but the lume on the 104 is fantastic and far superior. And I love the slight green tint as well. Love everything about the watch.

Thanks for that dhtjr. I think the 556 and U1 have the same lume - very white during the day but weak at night. Reassuring to know the 104 has better lume, although means I have no excuses left for not buying it!

olu

Hey, are the Sinn 104 OEM straps the same length as the black, white stitch, crocs patterned straps? Do you know? Also, since you have both straps, which works best with the case, in your opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by eye.surgeon View Post
    mine just landed...

First impressions...
    beautiful dial/hands/bezel/case/crown.
    good luminocity
    size is a little smaller than I expected, it wears smaller than I thought it would on the wrist. Probably because it's thinner than a chrono case. This is not a bad thing necessarily, especially in a work environment under a cuff.
    As someone that has owned many high end watches including daytonas, other Sinns, etc, it presents itself and exudes the quality of a watch easily twice the price. The display back seems like a waste given the undecorated movement.
    strap-- don't love it. I'm not a fan of non-tapering straps. This doesn't taper towards the end or towards the edges. It looks too large for the more diminutive thickness of the watch case, it's a strap I think that would look better on a 44 mm watch. I'd prefer it on a 20-18 taper with tapered edges, in fact I just ordered one from watchbuys for it, black cowhide with white stitches and croc pattern. The included strap is great for a casual look, good with jeans/casual Saturday clothes, It looks a little out of place in an office environment or with a suit. I'm sure on the strap I ordered it will be more appropriate in a formal office environment where I spend most of my time.
    "It is true that your Timex tells you the time as accurately as someone’s Rolex or Breitling, but a watch isn’t about telling the time, it is about your relationship with time. A watch is about style, a story and the history of both your watch and your own life. High-grade watches are about craftsmanship and style, not just about telling time. If life was as simple as you make it seem, none of us would own anything of quality because, after all, a shirt is a shirt as long as you’re not naked; a bus can get you someplace as fast as a car; and a cardboard box can keep the rain off your head as well as a home."

Sincerely,
    The Watch Snob

THey seem to be the same length. I prefer a black crock strap with contrast stitching and a 20-18 taper on this watch for office/business attire. For casual attire the stock strap is nice.

Thread Information