The new Sinn U2c - Black Beauty!
When I first saw early pictures of the new U2c - a limited edition of only 50 pieces for the german watch magazine "Chronos" in March 2015, I was immediately excited:
A beautifully simple black Model of the U-series with proven technology that has everything I've always wanted!
The price of EUR 2760, - EUR incl. Silicone and NATO Strap is obviously unreasonable high and so, it was quickly "done".
But only up to Baselworld 2015 -the world watch and jewellery show in Basel in Switzerland.
An old watch collectors wisdom says that you should form an opinion on a clock after applying on your own arm.
And when I get the chance to put it on in Basel,i was lost. Today I picked her up.
The diver watches expert Roger Ruegger called this Design "more than successful".
There is nothing to add. Except that the Sinn, presented on 5th of march was sold out 24th of march 2015.
So, enough of the preface, here are the pictures:
And here the technical details:
- ETA 2892-A2
- Self-winding mechanism
- Case made of German Submarine Steel, black
- Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
- Case back screw-fastened
- Crown screwable
- Pressure-resistant up to 200 bar, certified by DNV GL
- SINN Technologies
- Black Hard Coating on a TEGIMENT Technology basis
- Captive bezel
- Ar-Dehumidifying Technology enhances functional reliability and freedom from fogging
- Temperature Resistance Technology, therefore functionally reliable at temperatures from -45°C up to +80°C
- Dimensions and Weight
- Case diameter: 44 mm
- Band lug width: 22 mm
- Case thickness: 15.5 mm
- Weight without strap: 114 gramme
- Dial and Hands
- Matte black dial
- Indices coated with luminescent colour
- Hour, minute and second hand coated with luminescent colour