New Sinn UX GSG9 SDR and Some Pics : )
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New Sinn UX GSG9 SDR and Some Pics : )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

New Sinn UX GSG9 SDR and Some Pics : )

Picked up a Sinn UX GSG9 DSR
    And am Very happy with this investment. After some bad luck with a few autos (not Sinn) I decided to try out a Quartz diver. Picked this one up new from watchbuys.com. Excellent service and would gladly come back.

Thoughts and Impressions:

Amazing build quality!

I had my reservations about the oil filled case and servicing but feel confident I'll get many years of reliable service before having to ship back to Germany.

The location of the crown make it a bit quirky but actually in a place good for me. Doubt I'll have to pull it often anyway. So far 2 weeks in with +/- 0 seconds.

My only gripe is the monstrous clasp that came on the rubber strap! I predominately wear Zulu straps because I like the low profile. Also wish it was black to match the bezel. Have already priced having it DLC coated for $150 from Richter Precision inc. Will give it go on a custom leather or canvas before committing.

Have considered buying the bracelet and wish I had tried negotiating with watchbuys or pricing direct from Germany. Any feedback on the bracelet would be greatly appreciated. If the clasp is comparable in size to the one on the rubber I'll steer clear.

Here's a few pics of this BEAUTY! Currently have a it strapped with a few custom canvas and cordura Zulus.

Thanks Bill for the wrist shot! May have to see one of your bracelets in person. Should have asked you to bring to the GTG

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/n80leather/media/39A70543-5C11-4A46-AC5C-049891B3E06D_zps6aaky7ax.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/n80leather/media/E42B3FE7-6A7D-48E6-945B-037111105FD9_zpspq7csx4z.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/n80leather/media/C324F32E-11FE-480A-A7C0-1EC9D1019696_zpsemeyftd6.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/n80leather/media/AE2AE4E2-6FA2-42F4-8DD5-6DA20428B869_zpsrm8wjhis.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/n80leather/media/ED0F65C3-FC24-47CB-93F0-D1E7706D5490_zpsa8wz3ey3.jpg.html][/URL]
    Last edited by ALDRoss; April 26th, 2015 at 05:06.

Re: New Sinn UX GSG9 SDR and Some Pics : )

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ALDRoss likes this.

Congratulations! The UX is an AWESOME watch!
    ALDRoss likes this.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pics of your UX GSG9 SDR. Having seen and after examining it carefully at the GTG yesterday I can agree, it is an amazing watch! Your custom n80leather strap looks/feels great on the watch. You are producing some mighty fine straps!

Both of my Sinn U1 watches are are bracelets. I like the Sinn bracelet and wish I had brought one yesterday when we gathered. Next time I will bring one.
    Thanks again for sharing. Cheers, Bill P.
    ALDRoss likes this.

Wait a minute...you also make straps? Please tell us more.
    ALDRoss likes this.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Banned

Have taken custom orders for straps over the last 2 years. Lol, its the main reason I've flipped so many lately. Hopefully this Sinn will cure some of that. It's versatile and reliable!

Quote Originally Posted by ALDRoss View Post
    Any feedback on the bracelet would be greatly appreciated. If the clasp is comparable in size to the one on the rubber I'll steer clear.
    I had the 757 UTC, which essentially uses the same bracelet. I can tell you the clasp on the bracelet is not as big as the large clasp found on the rubber.

IMHO, the bracelet ads unnecessary weight. I prefer the rubber straps with the smaller clasp:

In addition to being much smaller, the smaller clasp also allows for two micro adjustments, an option not available on the larger clasp (and an option not advertised, oddly enough). If you already cut the strap you purchased for the larger deployant, the smaller clasp will not work (as it requires more strap length than the larger clasp), and you'll have to spring for another set of uncut straps (in addition to the smaller clasp...)
    ALDRoss and akitadog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    Wait a minute...you also make straps? Please tell us more.
    Here are some of the custom straps that Dustin brought to the GTG and a shot of my Lum-Tec Combat B18 on one of his distressed canvas straps. His work is first class! Cheers, Bill P.

It' s a swish combo mate, wear it in good health.....Dave
    ALDRoss likes this.

Banned

Looks great Bill! Really glad you decided to give it a whirl!!

Thanks freeman4ever. Might try that. Just checked watch buys and they want $250 for the rubber strap with the compact butterfly deployment clasp. Ugh! I really do like the rubber strap and its uncut. When I get some time I'll make a leather strap and try out the monster clasp. Might not be too bad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast