New Sinner with a Question!

Thread: New Sinner with a Question!

New Sinner with a Question!

First and foremost, I'm loving my new Sinn after a couple of days on the wrist! It's a 104 with black dial on the dark brown strap with white stitching. The dimensions and design are lights out, and I think this will be a keeper.

But I have one question! The crown seems significantly harder to turn than the dozens of other mechanical watches I've owned. It's not taxing, but noticeably harder to turn. Also, the separate crown positions are not overly distinguishable. In other words, when pulling the crown to set the date, there is no "click" when the crown is in the correct position to turn for the date, and I just have to guess when it's in the right spot. There's not really even much of a "click" when it's pulled all the way to set the time, but at least I can tell when it is pulled all the way out.

The watch is under warranty until 2019, and I could send it in and only be out shipping costs (and weeks away from my new watch!), but I don't want to overreact if it's not a problem. What do you Sinners think??

MJM

Re: New Sinner with a Question!

I've heard lots of folks say the crown is stiffer on the 104 and it's normal. Drop WatchBuys an email, or better yet, a phone call and see what they say. Or better yet, just email Sinn in Germany. That's what I often do and they are great about providing information.
    Without time there is nothing......

Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good Luck on this...I had the same watch you had for quite some time and I adored it. ITs the only watch Ive ever sold and had sellers remorse with.
    I do remember the crown being a little stiffer to turn but not a huge amount....also, if I can remember correctly, mine clicked when pulling the crown out.

Quote Originally Posted by river bum View Post
    Good Luck on this...I had the same watch you had for quite some time and I adored it. ITs the only watch Ive ever sold and had sellers remorse with.
    I do remember the crown being a little stiffer to turn but not a huge amount....also, if I can remember correctly, mine clicked when pulling the crown out.
    Both my 104 and U2 kind of click out after I unscrew it completely. Sometimes if it doesn't do that little click if I turn it the opposite way it will finally pop out.

By the way OP, I just wound my 104 this morning as I'll be wearing it today, and yes, mine is also certainly stiffer than some of my other watches when it comes to winding and setting the time.

Any news on this? Just curious if you heard anything back from Watchbuys or contacted Sinn directly...

Good question OP. My new 104 feels very firm when trying to wind it or move the hands, but the positions all click, though not very much. I’d suggest a new thread mentioning the movement name in the title, cause that way people in the know will see it.

Good luck.
    To paraphrase LBJ: “What have YOU done for bidirectional countdown bezels today?!?"

Well pardner, that ain't near enough.

Any joy on this front yet? It’s definitely worth chasing up if you’ve not heard back.

Thread Information