New watch cracking lume?

Thread: New watch cracking lume?

New watch cracking lume?

Hello all!

I have recently (Feb 2015) purchased a new Sinn 856.utc from Watchbuys and have fallen in love with it. I have had a couple of minor issues with it but Watchbuys have been awesome with putting up with me. Besides that it has been awesome until I noticed the lume on the watch. I noticed that when I come out of the hot Florida sun and into the house the the glowing lume has a bunch of small hairline like cracks in it. I am not sure if this is normal for if i should bring this up with Watchbuys. Please let me know if I am being too picky or if this is a possible issue. I will post pics when I get a chance

Re: New watch cracking lume?

Do the hairline cracks only show when fully charged in the dark, or can you see them in daylight? I have not noticed this on my 7 year old 857. Remember that lume particles are actually a dry pigment that are mixed with a liquid binder - so perhaps the pigment is clumped within the binder?

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Re: New watch cracking lume?

Quote Originally Posted by dnslater View Post
    Do the hairline cracks only show when fully charged in the dark, or can you see them in daylight? I have not noticed this on my 7 year old 857. Remember that lume particles are actually a dry pigment that are mixed with a liquid binder - so perhaps the pigment is clumped within the binder?

That does make sense, I tried to take a pictures but my camera wont pick up the lines or cracks or whatever they are. The best way I can describe them is that they look like cracks you can see in the lume of an old watch but only when the lume is fully charged in the dark. Im sure im making for of this than what I should be. Thanks for the reply!

Thread Information