Newly converted to Sinn
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sduford

Thread: Newly converted to Sinn

Newly converted to Sinn

I never was much of a fan of Sinn in the past because a) they were out of my price range, b) I'm not a fan of the diver look with busy dials and thick bezels, I'm much more a bauhaus and aviator-style type of guy. But this weekend I decided to up my price limit from $1500 to $2500 so I took another look at the bewilderingly large selection of Sinn watches.

I'm looking for a rugged black watch so I've added the 856/857 and the U1 SDR to my potential purchase list. The 856/857 are classic pilot-style with clean legible dials. The U1 SDR is a lot more "divey" then what I had in mind but I love its clean, modern look and blocky hands.

**edit: I've also added the 104 St Sa to my list, although not available in PVD black, it looks great and seems to be a good value!

*** BUT ***

I have completely fallen in love with this Sinn that I had never seen or heard of before, the 6110 Classic with Steel-Blued Hands. Didn't even know Sinn made such watches. Wow! I absolutely love it and I think this will be my first Sinn even though I don't really need another dress watch... Anyone here has experience with that watch?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinn 6110 Klassik Blue Front Detail.jpg 
Views:	550 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	1314042
    Last edited by sduford; December 16th, 2013 at 18:11.
    gaopa likes this.
    Archimede Pilot 42H, Chr.Ward C60 Trident Pro, Dan Henry 1964 GT, Hamilton Intra-Matic, Melbourne Flinders & Portsea, Orient Bambino, PerpetuaL R-01, Seiko's SRPC93 & SNE498, Szanto 1204, Traser H3 Classic Master, Vostok Amphibia, WUS F72 GMT.

Web: Crown & Rotor, IG: @crownandrotor FB: @crownandrotor

Re: Newly converted to Sinn

That is a beautiful Sinn; however, when I think Sinn I think of a rugged tool watch like my U1 pair. Perhaps that is just me. Cheers, Bill P.

Re: Newly converted to Sinn

Quote Originally Posted by sduford View Post
    I never was much of a fan of Sinn in the past because a) they were out of my price range, b) I'm not a fan of the diver look with busy dials and thick bezels, I'm much more a bauhaus and aviator-style type of guy. But this weekend I decided to up my price limit from $1500 to $2500 so I took another look at the bewilderingly large selection of Sinn watches.

I'm looking for a rugged black watch so I've added the 856/857 and the U1 SDR to my potential purchase list. The 856/857 are classic pilot-style with clean legible dials. The U1 SDR is a lot more "divey" then what I had in mind but I love its clean, modern look and blocky hands.

**edit: I've also added the 104 St Sa to my list, although not available in PVD black, it looks great and seems to be a good value!

*** BUT ***

I have completely fallen in love with this Sinn that I had never seen or heard of before, the 6110 Classic with Steel-Blued Hands. Didn't even know Sinn made such watches. Wow! I absolutely love it and I think this will be my first Sinn even though I don't really need another dress watch... Anyone here has experience with that watch?
    sduford,

I wish I could help you by telling you how great the 6110 is but I can't, I own a UX which I love. If I had to get rid of every other watch I own just so I could keep my UX I would. What I can speak to, that may be of some help to you, is that Sinn makes absolutely fantastic watches. Of course, so do other watch makers. I have found that German watch makers are pretty unique and produce high-quality watches. I don't think you would be disappointed if you pulled the trigger on that stunning watch.

Thread Information